News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

matt9112

The only reason we are such loyal disney hotel stayers is because there are no extra fees! If they start charging for parking and a resort fee, forget it. The Gaylord, Marriott World Center, and JW Marriott are all in better shape than most Disney resorts so I feel like they can get away with charging those fees........I'm already LOLing about a $30 resort fee at the all star resorts :hilarious:

Some. Local resorts and hotels have no fees.

matt9112

I'm presuming it's either about Rey being a female lead or Finn being a black stormtrooper, but I'm going with the former, since most won't publicly still admit the latter as it's so clearly racist.

There is a fringe of the Star Wars fanbase that has a great deal of resentment toward a female lead in the film. They say, "It's not that she is a girl, it's that they didn't have a reason to make her one - it was just to pander" or some other such drivel. They don't realize what they are saying is that all characters by default need to be male, unless there is a really good reason (in a movie that isn't mine, because my Star Wars is for boys!).

Meh was crap compared to rouge one and that had a female lead. And I loved her. Rey is alot less likeable. Oh well milked the wrong cow.

CaptainAmerica

Meh was crap compared to rouge one and that had a female lead. And I loved her. Rey is alot less likeable. Oh well milked the wrong cow.
You thought Jyn Erso is more likable than Rey? Wow that's a #HotTake I've never heard before. Felicity Jones has absolutely zero charisma and Daisy Ridley is bursting with it.

CaptainAmerica

So, it's been a while, thought I'd give you an update.

I haven't heard anything recently on the resort fees. No updates there, good or bad.

On the parking however, they have massive parking overhauls that also change the way the theme park parking system works. They are exploring options with new tech similar to that of SunPass for annual pass holders and cast members so they won't need to stop at the theme park parking toll plazas. Not sure how this ties into the resort project from a financial standpoint, but supposedly they will also add gates to the existing toll plazas at the parks once an automated AP and CM system is in place, and the same company is providing both. That means to me that this project is doubtful to happen before the new road changes at the Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. Anyway, because somehow these projects are linked, it may be some time until we see parking fees at the resorts. Only time will tell now.
Would the AP / CM system be a physical device in the vehicle? I'm not sure how that would work because lots of CMs come to WDW in rental cars from ESPN, Marvel, ABC, corporate, Disneyland, and Disney Stores. And AP holders come from all over as well, not just Florida. I know the Magic Kingdom cast who are actually working drive through the gates but the cast visiting as guests would need a different system. Aren't MagicBands supposed to do exactly what you're describing without needing to bring in the Sun Pass people?

lazyboy97o

Would the AP / CM system be a physical device in the vehicle? I'm not sure how that would work because lots of CMs come to WDW in rental cars from ESPN, Marvel, ABC, corporate, Disneyland, and Disney Stores. And AP holders come from all over as well, not just Florida. I know the Magic Kingdom cast who are actually working drive through the gates but the cast visiting as guests would need a different system. Aren't MagicBands supposed to do exactly what you're describing without needing to bring in the Sun Pass people?
The MagicBand's long range abilities might be sufficient to make it the transponder that communicates with the toll system.

21stamps

Here's why I doubt this- Tolls have cameras, if you run one w/o SunPass or w/o sufficient funds in your SunPass account , you receive a ticket from FHP in the mail.

Is Disney going to start mailing $20 collection notices to guests who go thru the polls without a MagicBand? Doubt it. Seems like it would create too many problems to let a humanless scanning system take over..and a gate?- horrible idea. Imagine the backup when someone goes in that lane by mistake.

We have humanless gates at our local theme park for gold and platinum holders to swipe our passes/phones.. they still get backed up by idiots...and an employee has to come over and help. Can't imagine the scenario at WDW.

matt9112

You thought Jyn Erso is more likable than Rey? Wow that's a #HotTake I've never heard before. Felicity Jones has absolutely zero charisma and Daisy Ridley is bursting with it.

If only charisma made a character exclusively likeable. Jyn was a bada** that broke the rules and did everything in her power to do something great for the good. Rey to me comes off as another luke....lives in some crap hole slowly learns the force and the story goes on. Jyn said nah I don't need the force or all this mumbo jumbo I'm going to go be strong and amazing. Plus that robot.....BB8 can take a hike little soccer ball looking pile of junk.

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
You can do it with a sticker and you don't need to bring in SunPass People. I would assume these lanes would only be for Cast Member entrances to the Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom Parking Lots. This wouldn't have much to do with the Guest System. The AP system I assume would be a gate, you come to it, and you either swipe a credit card to pay the parking fee or you tap your Magic Band or Pass to a touchpoint and the gate opens.
Here's why I doubt this- Tolls have cameras, if you run one w/o SunPass or w/o sufficient funds in your SunPass account , you receive a ticket from FHP in the mail.

Is Disney going to start mailing $20 collection notices to guests who go thru the polls without a MagicBand? Doubt it. Seems like it would create too many problems to let a humanless scanning system take over..and a gate?- horrible idea. Imagine the backup when someone goes in that lane by mistake.

We have humanless gates at our local theme park for gold and platinum holders to swipe our passes/phones.. they still get backed up by idiots...and an employee has to come over and help. Can't imagine the scenario at WDW.
I think I explained that above.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
You can do it with a sticker and you don't need to bring in SunPass People. I would assume these lanes would only be for Cast Member entrances to the Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom Parking Lots. This wouldn't have much to do with the Guest System. The AP system I assume would be a gate, you come to it, and you either swipe a credit card to pay the parking fee or you tap your Magic Band or Pass to a touchpoint and the gate opens.
How do Uber drivers get thru the gates without a passenger's MB? (I think I see a loophole here...)

sd nana

If this is true it is sad. Disney is pricing themselves out of normal families coming to Disney. They need to make things less complicated and less costly. Get rid of reservations needed at every restaurant get it back to being friendly and magical. Those is charge are not keeping Mr. Disney's dream a live. He wanted a place where families could come to have memories with magic to always have and share for ever.

RogueHabit

Then they could be given a separate transponder or work could be done to link employee benefits into the My Disney Experience system.
Exactly. Where I live we have a toll crossing that uses Numberplates, but you can also have a little transponder unit that sits in your car.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom