News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I believe we have a difference of opinion but I didn't understand why you had to resort to name calling with the dog whistle comment and calling my statement ludicrous and laughable. We just have a difference of opinion and I accept your opinion I believe it is sincerely held. Would just appreciate the same consideration for my opinion.
Not saying your opinion isn't valid or the other poster is right but displaying some facts etc might lend more weight to your argument.

And Welcome to the boards :)

Rumrunner

Not saying your opinion isn't valid or the other poster is right but displaying some facts etc might lend more weight to your argument.

And Welcome to the boards :)
Perhaps I should have included some facts but thought that would be a bit complicated. In my recent experiences facts have become interpretive and usually not accepted unless they fit the viewers narrative.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Perhaps I should have included some facts but thought that would be a bit complicated. In my recent experiences facts have become interpretive and usually not accepted unless they fit the viewers narrative.
True but just voicing an opinion makes it easy for others to disparage it.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Very true around here lately, but the fact is that neither the resort fees nor any resort parking fees have been implemented yet.

Rumrunner

Very true around here lately, but the fact is that neither the resort fees nor any resort parking fees have been implemented yet.
I read opinions daily on this site and do not disparage sincerely held views. I guess you are correct and should have included the facts from WSJ-IBD and other financial publications that analyzed that situation.

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
So, it's been a while, thought I'd give you an update.

I haven't heard anything recently on the resort fees. No updates there, good or bad.

On the parking however, they have massive parking overhauls that also change the way the theme park parking system works. They are exploring options with new tech similar to that of SunPass for annual pass holders and cast members so they won't need to stop at the theme park parking toll plazas. Not sure how this ties into the resort project from a financial standpoint, but supposedly they will also add gates to the existing toll plazas at the parks once an automated AP and CM system is in place, and the same company is providing both. That means to me that this project is doubtful to happen before the new road changes at the Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. Anyway, because somehow these projects are linked, it may be some time until we see parking fees at the resorts. Only time will tell now.

laben594

The only reason we are such loyal disney hotel stayers is because there are no extra fees! If they start charging for parking and a resort fee, forget it. The Gaylord, Marriott World Center, and JW Marriott are all in better shape than most Disney resorts so I feel like they can get away with charging those fees........I'm already LOLing about a $30 resort fee at the all star resorts :hilarious:

NearTheEars

So, it's been a while, thought I'd give you an update.

I haven't heard anything recently on the resort fees. No updates there, good or bad.

On the parking however, they have massive parking overhauls that also change the way the theme park parking system works. They are exploring options with new tech similar to that of SunPass for annual pass holders and cast members so they won't need to stop at the theme park parking toll plazas. Not sure how this ties into the resort project from a financial standpoint, but supposedly they will also add gates to the existing toll plazas at the parks once an automated AP and CM system is in place, and the same company is providing both. That means to me that this project is doubtful to happen before the new road changes at the Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. Anyway, because somehow these projects are linked, it may be some time until we see parking fees at the resorts. Only time will tell now.

I would certainly be OK with a dedicated AP lane.

Spike-in-Berlin

If they charge parking fees at the resort (not to talk about resort fees, INACCEPTABLE) we will stop being resort guests. Period. With the EMH reduced to 2 hours and other perks for resort guests weakened or cancelled and repeated problems with Disney Mousekeeping in several resorts (Pop, Poly, Yacht Club, Art of Animation and Animal Kingdom Lodge) which are increasingly overpriced, this would put the last nail into the coffin for staying at Disney resorts. We do not always have a car while staying at WDW but it is a question of how TDO treats resort guests.

HauntedMansionFLA

If they charge parking fees at the resort (not to talk about resort fees, INACCEPTABLE) we will stop being resort guests. Period. With the EMH reduced to 2 hours and other perks for resort guests weakened or cancelled and repeated problems with Disney Mousekeeping in several resorts (Pop, Poly, Yacht Club, Art of Animation and Animal Kingdom Lodge) which are increasingly overpriced, this would put the last nail into the coffin for staying at Disney resorts. We do not always have a car while staying at WDW but it is a question of how TDO treats resort guests.
What's the latest on the Extra Magic Hours going away and replaced with upcharge Extra Magic Hours for resort guest?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
What's the latest on the Extra Magic Hours going away and replaced with upcharge Extra Magic Hours for resort guest?

"Stay at a MAGICAL!!! Walt Disney World resort and enjoy our four MAGICAL!!! theme parks for up to 2 additional MAGICAL!!! hours (Subject to change. Only applicable on certain days. Limited number of rides and attractions available, and will never include Star Wars Land because they will have their own massive up-charge event. Restrictions and limitations apply. Additional admission required. Just give us all your money.)!!!"

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

"Stay at a MAGICAL!!! Walt Disney World resort and enjoy our four MAGICAL!!! theme parks for up to 2 additional MAGICAL!!! hours (Only applicable on certain days. Limited number of rides and attractions available, and will never include Star Wars Land because they will have their own massive up-charge event. Restrictions and limitations apply. Additional admission required. Just give us all your money.)!!!"
Awesome :) Read the fine print please. You forgot to include subject to change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom