Rumor that Stitch may stop doing meet and greets at the Magic Kingdom near the end of September 2015

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I for one would be interested in meeting Rafiki since there are so few Lion King M&Gs. I don't understand why, however, he would move to Adventureland if there's an entire area in DAK named after him; while I'm at it, I agree that it's puzzling for Stitch to have to leave Tomorrowland for a character in Adventureland.

Goofyernmost

What is so bad about the ride?
Nothing that a few guests with a sense of humor might get a kick out of. They should try to recruit a few that don't take everything quite as seriously to enjoy the "attraction". WDW isn't just rides and shouldn't be unless you just want a six flags with Disney's name on it.

Speaking of Stitch... I don't believe that I have ever seen him anyplace other then near the entrance to Epcot.

lazyboy97o

Nothing that a few guests with a sense of humor might get a kick out of. They should try to recruit a few that don't take everything quite as seriously to enjoy the "attraction". WDW isn't just rides and shouldn't be unless you just want a six flags with Disney's name on it.

Speaking of Stitch... I don't believe that I have ever seen him anyplace other then near the entrance to Epcot.
The attraction's failings have absolutely NOTHING to do with it not being a ride. It is a broken, inconsistent narrative that fails to support itself. Being amongst the lowest rating of offerings at Walt Disney World also robs your ability to claim that only a minority of fans find the attraction to be lousy.

Goofyernmost

The attraction's failings have absolutely NOTHING to do with it not being a ride. It is a broken, inconsistent narrative that fails to support itself. Being amongst the lowest rating of offerings at Walt Disney World also robs your ability to claim that only a minority of fans find the attraction to be lousy.
Although I would agree that a lot of people on this board are not fans of it, but, so far I have yet to hear a solid reason for it other then they want to stay in step with the "popular kids".

It's a fun attraction, that is different then the ones that everyone is used to. I suspect those that don't like it were "Alien" fans and haven't forgiven Disney for removing it. How is there ever going to be a consistent narrative when the entire concept is made up and not even venturing close to reality. Even if you are talking about the fact that they have depicted Stitch as a problem instead of the "lovable" creature from the movie, it is explain that this would have taken place before that time. Low ratings do not necessarily mean that it still isn't the minority that doesn't like it with the passion that is displayed on these pages. I don't think that it is the most popular attraction at WDW, but, that doesn't in any sense of the word mean that it is a majority reaction.

I don't even mind someone saying that they don't like it, but, that chili burp reason is as bogus as one can possibly come up with, especially when it is coming from adults. That just tells me that those people need to loosen the sphincter just a touch.

lazyboy97o

Although I would agree that a lot of people on this board are not fans of it, but, so far I have yet to hear a solid reason for it other then they want to stay in step with the "popular kids".

It's a fun attraction, that is different then the ones that everyone is used to. I suspect those that don't like it were "Alien" fans and haven't forgiven Disney for removing it. How is there ever going to be a consistent narrative when the entire concept is made up and not even venturing close to reality. Even if you are talking about the fact that they have depicted Stitch as a problem instead of the "lovable" creature from the movie, it is explain that this would have taken place before that time. Low ratings do not necessarily mean that it still isn't the minority that doesn't like it with the passion that is displayed on these pages. I don't think that it is the most popular attraction at WDW, but, that doesn't in any sense of the word mean that it is a majority reaction.

I don't even mind someone saying that they don't like it, but, that chili burp reason is as bogus as one can possibly come up with, especially when it is coming from adults. That just tells me that those people need to loosen the sphincter just a touch.
Being fiction or not has no bearing on the importance of narrative consistency. The attraction repeatedly and abruptly shifts in contradiction to itself.

Goofyernmost

Being fiction or not has no bear ion the importance of narrative consistency.
Funny, I always thought that the definition of "fiction" was something that wasn't real. My bad! Anyway, personally, I couldn't possibly care less about the narrative. I go to watch the show, if it amuses me then it was successful and I do not find it necessary to follow any particular narrative. I don't need to leave believing it was actually happening.

Kman101

LOL. You really believe some hate on the ride just to 'be with the cool kids'.

Ok then.

We are allowed to have personal likes and dislikes, right? No one is berating those who like the attraction.

Not really sure why you are trying to argue on this point. You're making it something it's really not.

lazyboy97o

Funny, I always thought that the definition of "fiction" was something that wasn't real. My bad! Anyway, personally, I couldn't possibly care less about the narrative. I go to watch the show, if it amuses me then it was successful and I do not find it necessary to follow any particular narrative. I don't need to leave believing it was actually happening.
Then you clearly do not know what "narrative" means. It has nothing to do with believing it to be real.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
I have to laugh that it takes them removing one for another. Come on. LOL.

Why would they put Rafiki in Adventureland when he's at Animal Kingdom? I'd rather have another character be used. Unless Rafiki is leaving the place named after him, which makes no sense either.

I am simply throwing this out there. It is obviously way too early to even begin speculating. However, there is a rumor of re theming and expanding the Planet Watch and Wildlife Express Train into the Train ride to Zootopia. This rumor was floating around 2-3 weeks ago and came and went due to it being this far out from anything happening .

This would supposedly be the first project after Pandora, which replaced the most kid friendly section in the park.

Again, please don't shoot the messenger, but this COULD be part of a transition to rid the Planet of Rafiki and have him show up in Adventureland instead.

Kman101

I am simply throwing this out there. It is obviously way too early to even begin speculating. However, there is a rumor of re theming and expanding the Planet Watch and Wildlife Express Train into the Train ride to Zootopia. This rumor was floating around 2-3 weeks ago and came and went due to it being this far out from anything happening .

This would supposedly be the first project after Pandora, which replaced the most kid friendly section in the park.

Again, please don't shoot the messenger, but this COULD be part of a transition to rid the Planet of Rafiki and have him show up in Adventureland instead.

Hmm. Interesting. That never would have crossed my mind even though Zootopia seems destined for Animal Kingdom. Makes sense then. And didn't someone drop that there could be an UP presence in AK (more than the meet & greet)? I know we're getting a slight bit off topic so I'll stop ...

I still find it interesting they're dropping Stitch.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
As much as I'm looking forward to Zootopia, you would think Disney would wait until the movie is guaranteed to be successful, or else they haven't learned from the Atlantis submarine gaffe in Disneyland.

Goofyernmost

LOL. You really believe some hate on the ride just to 'be with the cool kids'.

Ok then.

We are allowed to have personal likes and dislikes, right? No one is berating those who like the attraction.

Not really sure why you are trying to argue on this point. You're making it something it's really not.
Absolutely do... there have never been a bigger accumulation of followers then I have witnessed on this board.

Goofyernmost

Then you clearly do not know what "narrative" means. It has nothing to do with believing it to be real.
I don't have to follow what your definition of narrative or it's importance in everything. I don't require narrative for all of my entertainment. That's your thing, not everybody's. I really think that people do not go to Disney to analyze every thing to it's ultimate death. They go, they enjoy and they don't over think it. You ought to try it, it really makes it all a lot more fun.

lazyboy97o

I don't have to follow what your definition of narrative or it's importance in everything. I don't require narrative for all of my entertainment. That's your thing, not everybody's. I really think that people do not go to Disney to analyze every thing to it's ultimate death. They go, they enjoy and they don't over think it. You ought to try it, it really makes it all a lot more fun.
Are you Humpty Dumpty making up new meanings to words? Narrative is story, a rather critical component to storytelling. It has nothing to do with significant analysis or the horrors of thinking.

Last edited:

Fox&Hound

Oh I would love this! I love AK but I do feel it is short on rides- and that is my beef with the train ride to no where. If it is a petting zoo, add more animals. If it is an educational experience where you can see them work with the animals, the have something more frequently occurring. At least change out the characters that meet there to make it not stale. Or add more to look at on the train ride. Not saying I fully believe this, but it would be cool if they did change this area!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom