PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Was: Rumor: Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose closing?

NearTheEars

UNOs is the fake stuff. You need to go to Gino's east or giordanos for real Chicago stuffed pizza.

If we like UNO already, and it gets better from there we'll definitely have to try it out. UNO is just convenient for us right now on our shopping trips over there.

TeriofTerror

Not everyone is from the Northeast or Chicago. Its all about your baseline. People from the South probably think all the BBQ options are terrible. Where I live we have great Mexican food so I have never liked any of those joints at Disney.
I'm from Ohio, and outside of Via Napoli, little of what passes for pizza on Disney property is worth the calories consumed IMO. Pizza Planet? I've - I swear to your deity of preference - eaten better Weight Watchers pizzas on occasion. And don't even get me started on the poor quality of some of the barbecue options on property.
Disney does have some great food - even some really good counter service. But Pizza Planet is an abomination.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Pizza Planet is going to be closed from Jan 11 - Late 2016. Mamma's was not put on the list, at least as of today.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

oh wait... Pizza Planet?

Bulldozer.jpg

;)

wdwfan4ver

This is Pizza:
Giordanos-Pizza.jpg

There's 3 Giordano's pizza locations to choose from, all nearby, so there's no excuse.
[/QUOTE]
Chicago Style Pizza isn't for everyone. I am more of a thin crust person myself although I don't mind deep dish pizza once in a while.

wdwfan4ver

I am glad that Pizza Planet is getting a long refurbishment and I am hoping there is going to a retheme of the place. I can't speak about the pizza there, but the area it is in doesn't make any sense from a theme standpoint.

BuddyThomas

AM I the only one that thinks that the food at PP is okay? Pizza is pizza to me.....
I think you are awesome, but I have to disagree with you on this one. Pizza is definitely not pizza. Or something.
This is pizza:
pizza 1.JPG

This is also pizza, an amazing one from Brooklyn:
pizza 2.JPG

This too is pizza:
Pizza 3.JPG

On the other hand, this is not pizza, not really, unless you put "generic" in front of the word "pizza":

bad pie 1.jpg

Nor is this hellish platter:
afful pizza.jpg

And definitely not this insane looking thing, whatever it is:
worst pie ever.jpg

draybook

I think you are awesome, but I have to disagree with you on this one. Pizza is definitely not pizza. Or something.
This is pizza:
View attachment 119853
This is also pizza, an amazing one from Brooklyn:
View attachment 119854
This too is pizza:
View attachment 119855
On the other hand, this is not pizza, not really, unless you put "generic" in front of the word "pizza":

View attachment 119856
Nor is this hellish platter:
View attachment 119857
And definitely not this insane looking thing, whatever it is:
View attachment 119858

Well, sir, your mounting evidence has piqued my interest.

jmuboy

This entire area was planned to be muppet themed. So making mama melrose a "rizzo" theme and pizza planet a Swedish chef theme would be easy. Throw in a flat ride "ala" toy story land in Paris and you have a "new" mini theme area. I'd be fine with this as we wait for toy story and Star Wars.

YodaMan

I think we need some smarter people to take a stab at what this comment means.

Not really. If it closed permanently on January 11, surely the idea is that the building would be demo'd for Star Wars. If it closed on January 11 and reopened shortly after, surely the idea would be just a quick and needed refurb. But to close on January 11 and reopen at the end of 2016? That would have to mean a major re theme, which is what the thread was always hinting at.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom