RUMOR: Pirates of the Caribbean Replacing Peter Pan in “FANTASMIC 2.0” Show at Disneyland in 2017

Mike S

Can we please see a fleet of drones finally in use for Tangled? The Lanterns specifically.

Seems like such low hanging fruit to wow a crowd and do something different. The fact it will be over water and not need much in the way of vertical height makes this a good show candidate to pull it off.
I would have the absolute widest smile if I saw that next summer :D

It could be used to have other floats with the other Princesses and Princes too. Don't they have a section like that now but with the song from Snow White? I'm going off of WDW's version.

Sped2424

Most stuff that gets called politically correct is just plain correct.
Boom.
tumblr_ns05awaaAt1r83d7lo2_1280.png

Sped2424

It could be used to have other floats with the other Princesses and Princes too. Don't they have a section like that now but with the song from Snow White? I'm going off of WDW's version.
I have literally been wanting an I see the light scene since I heard of the drone patent. It just makes too much sense especially for fantasmic in which they can use them since the fly over area wouldn't be over guest occupied space.

BrianLo

If they had to include Elsa, the drones would really supplement her powers along with projection effects. Have her turn it into a cloud formation, drop foam 'snow' from them and have an AA Olaf (or Marshmellow if they are going big) rise out of the princess barge as a result.

I'd be tickled if those two things replaced the overly simple current princess segment.

Princesses + drones, a magical combination. :p

BrianLo

I think the current segment is very much a meant to be a simple segment. It's classy and beautiful and some spectacular elements might take away from that.

I get where you are coming from, the problem being Elsa's power ballad does not mesh with to quiet nature of that act.

But it's in desperate need of an overhaul. They can still stay classy while offering more than three sets of costumed locals swaying gently on lightly themed pontoon boats.

I see the lights certainly would still be a very endearing, quiet moment while offering a bit more spectacle.

GiveMeTheMusic

I get where you are coming from, the problem being Elsa's power ballad does not mesh with to quiet nature of that act.

But it's in desperate need of an overhaul. They can still stay classy while offering more than three sets of costumed locals swaying gently on lightly themed pontoon boats.

I see the lights certainly would still be a very endearing, quiet moment while offering a bit more spectacle.

I don't know if this is true, but there was a rumor going around that the three Fantasmic barges were shipped to Florida for the Jungle Book: Dead on Arrival show. If that's the case, I'm not sure we'd get them back. It wouldn't surprise me if everything in Fantasmic 2.0 is newly built (with the exception of Columbia/Twain, of course).

Phroobar

I would expect the barges to be brand new. They are probably one of the cheaper items in the show. It's just a platform with a motor. 50K or less?

D

Deleted member 107043

I would expect the barges to be brand new. They are probably one of the cheaper items in the show. It's just a platform with a motor. 50K or less?

Or couldn't they just be shipped back to Anaheim? AK's River's of Light should be up an running long before Fantasmic! returns.

Twilight_Roxas

I'd argue otherwise actually! They've made a very concerted effort to 1:1 their male vs female targeted and led movies in this second reinassance. Of course the male led ones tend to fade because of the Eisner-era Disney Princess merchandise gold mine.

We have Bolt to PatF, Tangled to WIR, Frozen to BH6, the supremely gender neutral Pooh (male led though technically). Zootopia spent most of its development life led by Nick, but actually shook out to be one of the few fleshed out Male supporting characters in any Disney movie. Is Zootopia just about the only male support that isn't the shallow comedic support/love interest/villain? Plus one of the few female leads that isn't a complete Mary Sue or is driven by love.

For Moana we have Gigantic and for Frozen 2 there is WIR2.

Dis Animation is doing a pretty good job. Pixar was terrible until very recently. Star Wars is actually doing a somewhat inadvertent job of balancing things. Marvel definitely is way too male heavy.
With Pixar does that count Brave & Inside Out? As for Marvel too male heavy does that count BH6 which is a Marvel comic?

britain

Can we please see a fleet of drones finally in use for Tangled? The Lanterns specifically.

Seems like such low hanging fruit to wow a crowd and do something different. The fact it will be over water and not need much in the way of vertical height makes this a good show candidate to pull it off.

BUZZZZZZZ "at last" BUZZZZZ "I see" BUZZZZZ "the light" BUZZZZZ!

Mike S

Pixar is Disney is Pixar.
When Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar merge into one entity and are no longer treated separately I'll be more inclined to follow that train of thought. Disney also owns Marvel but I wouldn't consider all the male leads in those movies being "Disney."
I don't know if this is true, but there was a rumor going around that the three Fantasmic barges were shipped to Florida for the Jungle Book: Dead on Arrival show. If that's the case, I'm not sure we'd get them back. It wouldn't surprise me if everything in Fantasmic 2.0 is newly built (with the exception of Columbia/Twain, of course).
They could be, but WDW isn't good about sending things back that they "borrow." Combine that with lots of new scenes coming to Fantasmic 2.0, and it wouldn't surprise me if the old barges glowed away forever.
Sounds great to me :)

Stevek

Imagine the uproar...the lanterns have been cancelled tonight to due winds at higher altitudes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom