Rumor - Nikon buying Samsung NX mirrorless technology

fractal

Original Poster
I hope its not 100% true. The sony sensors they use are pretty top notch.

Samsung's BSI APS-C sensor in their NX-1 is actually better than Sony's APS-C sensor (used in A6000, A77ii and Nikon D7000).

Last edited:

fractal

Original Poster

A lot of back and forth on this...

Todays Samsung UK stated “Media reports that Nikon is allegedly buying our NX technology are not true“. If the statement is honest and correct it would not conflict with some of the possibilities I mention here:

1. Nikon bought Samsung tech/sensor for their own system. Samsung still keeps the right to do whatever they want with NX mount. So while they did stop sales in Germany, UK and Canada they could for example still sell their cameras in some Asian countries.
  2. Nikon bought Samsung tech but will work with Samsung on the same mirrorless system just like Pentax did with Samsung years ago.
  3. Nikon bought the complete Samsung tech and rights to do their own stuff. Samsung will fade out NX and keep developing sensors and everything else for Nikon.
http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/add...-samsung-rumor-partnership-more-than-buy-off/

Personally I'm hoping the meat of it is true, even though I use Sony mirrorless. Competition is always a good thing for consumers.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom