[RUMOR] Epcot Character Additions and Changes coming this November

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
And it seems us and @dcharacternews weren't the only ones sharing the news of this rumor. In January, a Brazilian website got the word out as well. Translated article text is as follows:
According to some rumors, a new encounter with characters would be on the way to Epcot.

According to the author of the rumor, the protagonists Nick and Judy of the film Zootopia would be on their way to a fixed place for meet and greets in the old site for the Disney Visa Meet & Greet in Future World.

Until last year, this venue served as an exclusive meeting with characters for holders of the Disney Visa credit card. In October 2016, this space was closed and the character meet and greet for Disney VISA cardholders was transferred to the Imagination pavilion.

Oh and there's more ...

Also according to the source most known for the profile @DCharacterNews on twitter, another mysterious character would be on the way to this new encounter with characters but he could not even say who he is.

#MYSTERY

If that happens, we'll have three Character Spots in Future World: one with Mickey, Minnie and Goofy, one with Baymax, Joy and Sadness, and this one with Judy, Nick, and that mysterious character.

The animated Zootopia was released in March 2016 and became the second biggest box office hit in Disney history, surpassing the astonishing $ 1 billion mark worldwide. The presence of Nick and Judy is more than required at the parks in Orlando, since until then they only appeared for photos on the Mickey's Verry Merry Christmas Party and daily on the Move It Shake It Dance & Play it Street Party... at Magic Kingdom.

It is worth remembering that the character encounter at Epcot with the protagonists of Inside Out, which was released in 2015, only occurred almost a year after its release in theaters. So, although everything is a RUMOR for now, there are STRONG CHANCES of the encounter with Zootopia to happen.

The way to do it is to hope that this will happen. Any official statement from Disney about this, you will know firsthand here on the Disney Express.

In your opinion who could be this mysterious character? Looking forward to hugging Nick and Judy?
Translated from Portuguese.
Original article (in Portuguese) : http://expressodisney.com.br/zootopia-pode-estar-a-caminho-do-epcot/

jensenrick

Good evening.

I should note that per another internet forum and blog, there has been "chatter" going on since November that Nick & Judy could be meeting in Character Spot in Epcot, in the building where Baymax, Joy & Sadness currently meet guests. Haven't heard much since then, but the author behind said site said that there is chatter going around. I wouldn't hold my breath just yet, but I should note that the most likely location is the former Disney Visa M&G area in same area is going to be used.
UPDATE: I just learned, through Twitter, that an additional character will be joining them as well. Who this character that will be joining them is not known right now, but we could be learning more sometime within the next few weeks or so! Keep abreast.
UPDATE (2/11): As of February 11, Judy & Nick's data was added to PhotoPass/MemoryMaker from the meet and greets done during MVMCP.
UPDATE (2/23): A third character will not be joining Nick & Judy at this point. A third possible change is rumored....

I really hope this happens- I think Nick and Judy just might be my favorite Disney characters at the moment, and should definitely have won Best Picture of 2016 IMHO.

I waited almost an hour to meet them at the MVMCP, and it was well worth it. Some of the most engaging and interactive character encounters I've ever been witness to. Everyone in line was "ooh"ing and "ahh"ing and all left with big smiles.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
I really hope this happens- I think Nick and Judy just might be my favorite Disney characters at the moment, and should definitely have won Best Picture of 2016 IMHO.
Same here! But for now, I feel it is like Squidward looking out the window while Patrick & Spongebob play outside.
latest

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
I waited almost an hour to meet them at the MVMCP, and it was well worth it. Some of the most engaging and interactive character encounters I've ever been witness to.
I went to MVMCP on 12/16, and meet them as well. When I heard they would be meeting at MVMCP, I knew I couldn't resist going! They were amazing - LOVED THEM! And you know what, if I ever had the chance to, I'd do it again!

Last edited:

berlioz70

Actually, I've heard otherwise. @dcharacternews on Twitter...

That account user also references Tradport as a current operation, it closed 5+ years ago. While some of the information s/he posts is correct, some is incorrect. You'll notice that the only reports about Nick/Judy are from unconfirmed sources... there's a reason for that.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
...but I should note that the most likely location is the same area near where Baymax is currently meeting (where the construction walls & tarps are currently) is going to be used.
UPDATE (3/18): Change in location, previously I thought they would use the former CHASE Disney Visa area, but having seen photos of Baymax's queue where there are construction walls and black tarps I have decided to go out and say that they could be meeting there.
New Information since last update - changed location after having seen photos of Baymax's queue where there are construction walls currently (as of the time of this writing). Anyone who meets Baymax (and/or Joy & Sadness) should note the grey construction walls in his queue, that's where Nick & Judy could be meeting!

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
I think this is going to be the rumored "third change!"
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...m-from-hollywood-studios.925448/#post-7629507
Basically what this means is that this could be a "two-for-one-for-two" sorta deal (Nick & Judy moving into Epcot Character Spot from Move It Shake It, with Moana moving from Hollywood Studios to Magic Kingdom). I have another suspicion that Baymax's days at Epcot are going to be numbered.... Keep abreast, further details will be provided for both this rumor and the third change as soon as it becomes available.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom