[RUMOR] Epcot Character Additions and Changes coming this November

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
FYI, it has come to my attention that Zootopia topped in the Annie Awards, taking in 6 (count them 6) awards, including best animated feature! I have a feeling that this will be announced sometime with in next few weeks (or MUCH sooner)! Keep an eye out just in case, I will be staying on top as well.
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/annie-awards-2017-zootopia-winners-list-1201978375/
And P.S. we have the Oscars on 2/26 as well, so the possibility exists that there could be an announcement sometime after the Oscars. This could be turning into a developing story, keep abreast....

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Quick note: I just noted something on the WDW PhotoPass page from my visit to MVMCP on 12/16. Previously the photos from that M&G had the header as "Visiting Magic Kingdom", well today I noticed that was now different. It now says "Visiting Judy Hopps & Nick Wilde" which is possibly an indication that they could be on their way! I was told by the same Twitter user who rumored this (@DCharacterNews) that there could be an announcement in "awhile." Stay tuned!

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Quick note: I just noted something on the WDW PhotoPass page from my visit to MVMCP on 12/16. Previously the photos from that M&G had the header as "Visiting Magic Kingdom", well today I noticed that was now different. It now says "Visiting Judy Hopps & Nick Wilde" which is possibly an indication that they could be on their way! I was told by the same Twitter user who rumored this (@DCharacterNews) that there could be an announcement in "awhile." Stay tuned!
Oh and I forgot to mention this, but PhotoPass on the MDE app says "Judy Hopps & Friends" as well!

Ryan H. Serowinski

Scrooge and Launchpad! But of course they wouldn't be meet and greets ...
Look they're promoting the new show, and just letting Disney ruin the fun with a stupid street party with characters that are not regularly available. :grumpy: That's me, when I first heard a rumor about McDuck and Launchpad appearing in the street party.:cry:

brb1006

Look they're promoting the new show, and just letting Disney ruin the fun with a stupid street party with characters that are not regularly available. :grumpy: That's me, when I first heard a rumor about McDuck and Launchpad appearing in the street party.:cry:
They used to be very common in the 90's though.

Ryan H. Serowinski

I wish they would discontinue/cut their street parties for good(so they can save money on and gain more entertainment), so I wouldn't have to deal with all this rambling!

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
I wish they would discontinue/cut their street parties for good(so they can save money on and gain more entertainment), so I wouldn't have to deal with all this rambling!
I do agree with this but to an extent, though.
I'd also like to note that with all the weekly character news we've been getting this month thus far (Boardwalk Character Breakfast announced on 2/1; Doc McStuffins meeting at Rafiki's Planet Watch announced on 2/8 and starting tomorrow; and now BB-8 announced to meet in Launch Bay), this upcoming week might see this rumor become confirmed. I am confident on this one, just crossing my fingers....

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Little update folks, I asked kennythepirate on Twitter about the "so-called "third character"" and was told that the rumor doesn't say a 3rd character is joining them, only that a 3rd possible change could happen. What this "possible change" is and what it entails isn't known at this time, but I am here to say that there WILL NOT be a third character joining Nick & Judy at this time. Also while this rumor wasn't announced this week, it may get announced soon.... I don't know when, but it could be confirmed sooner than later. That is all.

Magic Feather

Little update folks, I asked kennythepirate on Twitter about the "so-called "third character"" and was told that the rumor doesn't say a 3rd character is joining them, only that a 3rd possible change could happen. What this "possible change" is and what it entails isn't known at this time, but I am here to say that there WILL NOT be a third character joining Nick & Judy at this time. Also while this rumor wasn't announced this week, it may get announced soon.... I don't know when, but it could be confirmed sooner than later. That is all.

The third character being considered for coming for EPCOT is not, I Repeat not anyone from Zootopia. The only two characters planned to have mainstream meets from that movie are Nick and Judy. {Edit: Grammar and Clarification}
Message from a long time ago.

Delgado

My two and seven year old really enjoy the dance party. We've gotten some great pics. Do I love it? No. It is nice to see the character so close without a line. Children enjoy this stuff. Because "we" adults pay for everything I think sometimes it's lost on us that it isn't all about us.
The kids are very excited for nick and Judy to be a m&g after seeing them dancing at mk

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom