[RUMOR]: Grand Floridian Resort to Be Gutted to Become Modern Luxury Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

David M

Original Poster
I saw a link to this on Facebook, It's is quite insane... thoughts?

It appears Chairman of Disney Parks and Resorts Bob Chapek is not a big fan of the current Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, Walt Disney World’s flagship hotel and often most expensive per night. Similar to the recently initiated shakeup in housekeeping for Disney World, Chapek feels as if the Four Seasons Resort Orlando is putting them to shame when it comes to what a luxury resort on-property should be. So, what’s the solution? To completely gut the 28-year-old Magic Kingdom area resort, of course.

Bocabear

Of course this won't happen... they may improve the hotel, because frankly it does not meet up with the standards of other truly 4 star resorts worldwide, but don't expect them to change anything that would matter to most...they would just improve the overall guest experience...I have stayed there several years back and was quite frankly shocked at the lack of quality bedding and linens.. Aside from the beautiful lobby and location, there was nothing about the room that made it better than a King room at Port Orleans...
So if he plans on truly making it a 4 star resort, then I say Bravo! Please do!

KBLovedDisney

What is this Bob guy up to?...
9151d9c5d6bd91c358f8a6323fd67ae9.gif

rob0519

I can see Disney upgrading the rooms, linens, amenities and service to Four Seasons levels, but gut the entire resort? Never. I've stayed at the CR, Poly and GF multiple times each and the GF is, in my opinion, the closest Disney has to a Deluxe resort. Sadly, it is still miles behind Four Seasons.

wdwfan22

The Grand Floridan meets all the required elements to be a four star hotel. The problem is the Grand Floridian is priced as a 5 star hotel. The Grand Floridian can never meet 5 star requirements as modifications would need to be made to the Guest rooms. So basically all the could do is offer better Guest Service and housekeeping services, but they will still remain a four star hotel.

montyz81

Wait, didn't they just build a DVC wing and they made it basically the same as the rest of the resort albeit with more space.... No? I would have thought they would have started their improvements when they built that.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I imagine that it's more likely that they build the new flagship as the article on the site that must not be named mentioned than completely gut the Grand. That would basically take the whole hotel out of commission (at least for some time even if they only went building by building) and I just don't see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom