Festival of the Lion King moving to Africa

SirLink

This is really irrelevant and off topic but when the park opened, American Waterfront was devoid of characters, The Little Mermaid was designed to be character based like Camp Minnie Mickey, and Arabian Coast was already fantasy based, storybook Arabian village.

I meant by that statement that the second gates always seemed to me that they should be more realistic whereas the fantasy environments are left to the Magic Kingdom.

I do think though that the FOTLK will be fine in Africa, though I am worried that they are altering the original vision.

I know that ... it was your statement that was weird.

100% disagree with the in 'bold' statement - should of been romanticized fantasy. AKA adult fantasy like Mediterranean Harbor and the gondolas, etc.

Buck

I really like the move, but I hope they will plus the look and feel of the interior and exterior of the building. Maybe do a Pride Rock facade and a great queue.

Daannzzz

So... this a recreation of what I've seen... I made a few mins ago... this is the plan, and it's green lit.. very minor 'prework' required before this will get under way.... My understanding is that there won't be much hoopla around the relocation, because it's just a 'move'...

2DBnX.jpg
This seems like a bit of a traffic nightmare to me, if that is where the entrance is going.

wdw71fan

I flubbed the drawing a bit... entranceway is between tusker and dawa, exit is between the waterway and Dawa...

The old building will be demo'ed... if you remember, that structure is a re-fit of the original 'open air' structure.. it's not suitable for relocation... However, as I understand it, the new structure will have more theming.. instead of looking like you typical city park pavilion with aluminum panel walls.

WDW95

I flubbed the drawing a bit... entranceway is between tusker and dawa, exit is between the waterway and Dawa...

The old building will be demo'ed... if you remember, that structure is a re-fit of the original 'open air' structure.. it's not suitable for relocation... However, as I understand it, the new structure will have more theming.. instead of looking like you typical city park pavilion with aluminum panel walls.

I am thinking maybe there will be a new pathway that extends from the south of the Dawa Bar near the entrance to the Africa so Harambe won't get too congested. Also, I bet that this new path will further extend to the Camp Minnie Mickey/Avatarland expansion so then the expansion could be connected to the rest of the park. This way there will not be only one access point from Discovery Island which will probably get too crowded once it opens. The circulation will extend so there are multiple ways into and out of Avatarland.

The new structure should look like Hong Kong Disneyland's Festival of the Lion King theater.

Hercules11

From what I've seen the new theater is going to be very, very similar to the current theater. The layout is almost exactly the same. All four sections are basically the same with a couple of extra wheel chair spaces, the control room, entrance, and exit are all in the same place. The major differences include a new covered queue, a dedicated fast pass queue, and a covered back entrance to allow guests to enter into the giraffe section once the show has started similar to how they do it now. The exterior of the building will be themed much differently to better fit into Harambe. I would expect the interior of the theater to look similar to how it looks now; they could even reuse the curtains and bench seating if they wanted to.

Hercules11

I'm pretty sure its the other way around. Entrance should be to the southeast closest to the new bathrooms while the exit will be to the northeast of the theater. The plans I saw showed the Dawa Bar being relocated slightly to widen the path. The only access path is the one south of the Dawa Bar though that will path will continue south past the theater to a new restroom building. There's really no way to connect it to either Discovery Island or Avatarland because of the road there that is the only backstage access to DI.

RSoxNo1

We had initially heard that there will be an additional bridge built to FotLK and perhaps more than just FotLK will be in the area.

WED99

I think it would be wise to add a small Lion King area, no rides just exploration like Tom Sawyer Island. Then people could look around while they wait for the show, help traffic a bit too.

GrumpyFan

Screamscape posted this overlay, which is pretty interesting as it doesn't seem to connect to the current structures in Harambe at all and has a long tail to the south with what looks to be a queue that would put the entrance (or exit) in the vicinity of where the parade starts/finishes.

db_AK_LionKinginAfrica1.jpg

djkidkaz

Screamscape posted this overlay, which is pretty interesting as it doesn't seem to connect to the current structures in Harambe at all and has a long tail to the south with what looks to be a queue that would put the entrance (or exit) in the vicinity of where the parade starts/finishes.

db_AK_LionKinginAfrica1.jpg

It basically looks like you would cross the bridge at the bottom and queue up for FOTLK and then the exit would be right by the Dawa Bar. I would like to see them do some interesting theming right off the lake there so that someday they could bring back the Discovery River Boats and people would have stuff to look at. They could also add some boat docks around so you could take the boats to different locales in the park without having to walk. I mean, they have a boat that circles the World Showcase, why not let me take a boat from Harambe to Asia?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom