1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

RUMOR: Disney Planing To Add Live Cams Into The Parks

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by InsideDisney, May 13, 2017.

1. Biff215

Biff215 Well-Known Member

Couldn't have been too far before 9/11 as I distinctly remember tracking the construction progress of the BAH for the 100 Years of Magic celebration. I'm pretty sure that started in a October of that year.

2. World_Showcase_Lover007

World_Showcase_Lover007 Well-Known Member

I doubt I would pay for this type of service, but if it was free, I would undoubtedly tune-in on a regular basis to see what crowd levels look like at different times of the day, and during the different seasons. I watch beach/ocean cams at work sometimes just to get away from it all, even if for a split second. It definitely helps keep a positive mood, and being able to see WDW live would be no exception.

3. Hockey Nut

Hockey Nut Well-Known Member

Not to derail this thread, but does anyone know what happened to the Magic Kingdom webcam from this site: http://disneylivecams.com

I believe that the camera was mounted at the Contemporary and stopped working a few months ago. It wasn't the best resolution, but it was something.

4. MissM

MissM Well-Known Member

I certainly wouldn't pay. That's just silly.

But...I would likely tune in now and then to watch. I liked when they did the live stream for the 24 hour day for example. People waved, did dance routines, held signs - all kinds of fun little things to the people watching. I thought it fostered a fun, "community" spirit and a level of interactivity. Yes, you'd need to watch for trolls or obscene gestures, but I think Disney does a pretty good job looking out for that already in park. Doesn't seem a huge challenge.

HauntedPirate and Kman101 like this.