Rumor RUMOR: Disney Planing To Add Live Cams Into The Parks

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I'd consider it as well ... I don't like the idea that they would but I'd consider it if it was reasonable enough.
I also pay $1.46/month for extra iCloud storage because I'm too lazy to transfer over/delete 3/4 of my 3980 pics. :rolleyes: So yeah, sucker ... nominal fee.

Rider

I bet at any particular moment you could find someone live streaming to Facebook from the parks.

And when the fireworks start you can find thousands live streaming every night.

No Name

I believe it. I bet after the Happily Ever After live steam got many views, some dumb guy tossed up the idea. "Welp, people like watching the parks live, so why don't we charge them!" Huuhah!!!"
Of course, not realizing that the two are completely different.

If this were free, that'd be cool. But I would never pay for such a thing, and as people said, with youtube and other free services, I don't see how a paid service can succeed.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
It sounds like this could be for Memory Maker.
Didn't they test something like this for Muppetvision a while back?
Disney could sell you your photopass photo album and now your home movies too!

Kman101

I think a lot of people tuned in as well when they did the live feed for the 24 hour parties. I can see the idea being tossed around.

Roknrollrghostr

I think this would be a cool idea if it somehow incorporated sneak peaks, behind the scenes or things your average guest might not have access to. But just a live stream? I don't think I would pay for that. I am certainly one of those people who spends a good amount of time watching disney youtube vlogs and feel that if I was missing just the "park atmosphere" I could find a video to satisfy that craving without paying.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I might pay if it was nominal while I was at WDW.

<looks at feed on phone> "OMG! The Hub is filling up fast. We need to go and get a spot!"

But, mostly likely, we can put this on the list with resort fees.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
A lot of other parks have construction cams that show off the progress on their new rides/attractions... would be neat if Disney did that, but I doubt they would as it would ruin the "magic"...

AEfx

Charging for it is asinine, even for Disney, so I just don't see that.

As to permanent webcams, although it has been done a bit before, if they did it now...I foresee...problems. Given how easy it is to record live streams and such today (anyone can do it), and the troll culture, they would have to be very carefully placed so as not to allow guests to be very prominent appearing in them. If they were, say, at ground level showing Main Street - only a matter of time before there are reports of obscene gestures, and such as people catch on to where they are and intentionally mess with them. Disney really can't afford that type of publicity that would undoubtedly ensue once the media even got a whiff of it.

Phil12

Disney got rid of the old public live webcams prior to September, 2001. I mention that to dispel the old rumor that the cameras were taken off public display for security reasons. The reason for eliminating the cameras is that it provided a valuable tool to enable people to accurately gauge attendance figures.

Kamikaze

Disney got rid of the old public live webcams prior to September, 2001. I mention that to dispel the old rumor that the cameras were taken off public display for security reasons. The reason for eliminating the cameras is that it provided a valuable tool to enable people to accurately gauge attendance figures.

This is the reason, and the same reason that them coming back is extremely unlikely. Unless the cameras are positioned in such a way to not show crowds (so basically just the outsides of buildings).

Biff215

Couldn't have been too far before 9/11 as I distinctly remember tracking the construction progress of the BAH for the 100 Years of Magic celebration. I'm pretty sure that started in a October of that year.

World_Showcase_Lover007

I doubt I would pay for this type of service, but if it was free, I would undoubtedly tune-in on a regular basis to see what crowd levels look like at different times of the day, and during the different seasons. I watch beach/ocean cams at work sometimes just to get away from it all, even if for a split second. It definitely helps keep a positive mood, and being able to see WDW live would be no exception.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom