Rumor RUMOR: Disney Planing To Add Live Cams Into The Parks

InsideDisney

Original Poster
I've heard a few days ago that disney world might be planing to add live cams into the parks but these cams will not be free to watch. Disney might be planning to charge people money to be able to watch the live cams as a easy way to make money. I personally think this is a nice idea for those people who live far away from the parks and can see them during park hours. Doesn't seem like "much" of a money grab to me unless it costs the same amount as a park ticket. o_O

VJ

Can any of our more vetted insiders confirm this? Not sure I trust this information as it stands.

Smiley/OCD

Seems like it's just asking for legal challenges over privacy.
I think in the "fine print" of the tickets it states that if filming is going on in the parks, you agree to being filmed. I would imagine with all of the specials filmed there, WDW doesn't get EVERY person's permission for their image to be shown in the film...that would be impossible.

ToTBellHop

That wasnt an issue when they had the 24 hour live stream from Main Street in WDW a few years back.
This is completely different. If they want others to PAY for access, you can't just do that. The fine print allows them to use your image for promotional materials, and even so, when there is taping, they always have a sign out alerting guests.

Letting others pay for access to such visuals is a completely different issue.

Sped2424

I've heard a few days ago that disney world might be planing to add live cams into the parks but these cams will not be free to watch. Disney might be planning to charge people money to be able to watch the live cams as a easy way to make money. I personally think this is a nice idea for those people who live far away from the parks and can see them during park hours. Doesn't seem like "much" of a money grab to me unless it costs the same amount as a park ticket. o_O
Considering how it's 2017 and I can go on youtube and experience something similar to the idea above for free and at my control doesn't that make this idea sound a little, ridiculous?

Matt954

I've been saying they should add these, but the feed should only be shown in the Disney Resorts. It be good guests who have kids that are afraid of the night time shows so you could watch them on the tv. Or if you have to go back to the room for the kids to nap and you can sit there and people watch.

Biff215

There were live cams in all four parks years ago. It was fun to watch now and again, I distinctly remember checking on the building of the wand and hat. Since they were mounted fairly high and weren't great quality, I don't remember being able to make out faces, so privacy didn't seem to be an issue.

Today we have YouTube, Periscope, Facebook, etc. where we can get a live look all the time if we want. I'm not sure why someone would pay for it, and I don't see it benefiting Disney enough to be worthwhile either. A free webcam could actually be good marketing, similar to their blog live streams now.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
People do live shots all the time from the parks. I think WDW would be just fine if they brought webcams back. As for CHARGING? I don't really care for that but it wouldn't surprise me.
I am the sucker that would pay a nominal fee for this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom