1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

RUMOR: Disney Planing To Add Live Cams Into The Parks

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by InsideDisney, May 13, 2017.

1. InsideDisney

InsideDisney Active Member

I've heard a few days ago that disney world might be planing to add live cams into the parks but these cams will not be free to watch. Disney might be planning to charge people money to be able to watch the live cams as a easy way to make money. I personally think this is a nice idea for those people who live far away from the parks and can see them during park hours. Doesn't seem like "much" of a money grab to me unless it costs the same amount as a park ticket. o_O

PorterRedkey likes this.
  2. vj81995

vj81995 Well-Known Member

Can any of our more vetted insiders confirm this? Not sure I trust this information as it stands.

3. matt9112

matt9112 Well-Known Member

Sounds silly but it seems reasonable.

4. MansionButler84

MansionButler84 Premium Member

Seems like it's just asking for legal challenges over privacy.

the.dreamfinder, WDWTank, HMF and 2 others like this.
  5. Smiley/OCD

Smiley/OCD Well-Known Member

I think in the "fine print" of the tickets it states that if filming is going on in the parks, you agree to being filmed. I would imagine with all of the specials filmed there, WDW doesn't get EVERY person's permission for their image to be shown in the film...that would be impossible.

WDWTank, Kman101 and JoeCamel like this.
  6. WDWVolFan

WDWVolFan Well-Known Member

They used to have this in late 90s, it was a webcam on Main Street USA facing the castle

7. trainplane3

trainplane3 Well-Known Member

You're on their property and in a public space (not a bathroom). And like Smiley/OCD said, fine print probably says something like being filmed. Also, Cedar Point has had web cams in their park for several years.

8. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Well-Known Member

So I am going to pay for a fixed cam? Don't think so. Maybe if they did rides and M&G with eating so I can fantasize I am in the park or even do a VR cast? Nah, not even then would I pay

WDWTank, lilclerk, Sir_Cliff and 2 others like this.
  9. Smiley/OCD

Smiley/OCD Well-Known Member

I agree....I wouldn't pay to sit home and view the parks...that's just TORTURE, but I guess everyone has their vices...

10. Dead2009

Dead2009 Well-Known Member

That wasnt an issue when they had the 24 hour live stream from Main Street in WDW a few years back.

11. MansionButler84

MansionButler84 Premium Member

This is completely different. If they want others to PAY for access, you can't just do that. The fine print allows them to use your image for promotional materials, and even so, when there is taping, they always have a sign out alerting guests.

Letting others pay for access to such visuals is a completely different issue.

BernardandBianca likes this.
  12. DisAl

DisAl Well-Known Member

I would love to see a few live cams around the parks but would NOT be willing to pay anything to watch them.
    Privacy? With 100,000 people and 50,000 cameras in the park? Nobody but an idiot should have any expectation of privacy at any venue like this.

Smiley/OCD likes this.
  13. Sped2424

Sped2424 Well-Known Member

Considering how it's 2017 and I can go on youtube and experience something similar to the idea above for free and at my control doesn't that make this idea sound a little, ridiculous?

wdisney9000, egg and JoeCamel like this.
  14. Matt954

Matt954 New Member

I've been saying they should add these, but the feed should only be shown in the Disney Resorts. It be good guests who have kids that are afraid of the night time shows so you could watch them on the tv. Or if you have to go back to the room for the kids to nap and you can sit there and people watch.

Cosmic Commando likes this.
  15. Derrit

Derrit Well-Known Member

First thought that came to mind to me when i saw this would be the huge/instant backlash if anything bad happened to a performer in like a parade or show.

16. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

Technically you're being watched on security cams right? I don't think most would care if they were on a live cam.

Smiley/OCD likes this.
  17. Biff215

Biff215 Well-Known Member

There were live cams in all four parks years ago. It was fun to watch now and again, I distinctly remember checking on the building of the wand and hat. Since they were mounted fairly high and weren't great quality, I don't remember being able to make out faces, so privacy didn't seem to be an issue.

Today we have YouTube, Periscope, Facebook, etc. where we can get a live look all the time if we want. I'm not sure why someone would pay for it, and I don't see it benefiting Disney enough to be worthwhile either. A free webcam could actually be good marketing, similar to their blog live streams now.

Smiley/OCD, Tahu, lilclerk and 3 others like this.
  18. peter11435

peter11435 Well-Known Member

It's not like that wouldn't already be all over YouTube, Facebook, instagram, and twitter.

SosoDude, Padraig, Smiley/OCD and 2 others like this.
  19. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

People do live shots all the time from the parks. I think WDW would be just fine if they brought webcams back. As for CHARGING? I don't really care for that but it wouldn't surprise me.

Furiated and Smiley/OCD like this.
  20. JenniferS

JenniferS Go with the green. Premium Member

I am the sucker that would pay a nominal fee for this.

Padraig likes this.