RUMOR: Disney Buying Hasbro?

WED99

Just pointing out, Hasbro own the rights to Angry Birds: Star Wars merchandise.

A new Star Wars gate could include an Angry Birds Land :D

Edit-- Hasbro actually own Star Wars merchandise rights, could this be the reason for the buy? It would definitely pay for itself!

wdwfan4ver

At least Disney doesn't act like Electronic Arts after they acquire a company. EA used to be known for trying to buy a lot of every computer or video game developers or publishers. What EA did is after they acquire a company, they actually shutdown that company within 2 years after they buy it.

That means EA really bought companies just to shut them down from a competitor standpoint.

I grow up with Hasbro. I grew up owning G1 Transformers.

They even own board games now that I i had as a kid. I played Candy land, Mouse Trap, operation, and pictionary.

Prototype82

305650_544513385564889_2040296295_n.png

HMF

Pixar and Lucasfilm I understand and approve of but I have to admit I am still completely baffled by the Marvel acquisition 3 years after the fact. When you look at it logically it does not make much sense. Sure, Disney gets marketable well-known characters and more cred with the male demographic but you end up with legal headaches such as Sony's ownership of the Spider Man films and the other various studios' marvel films, an entire land themed to the Marvel characters at a theme park with whom you are supposed to be competing limiting your ability to use the IP in your own park and if the Hasbro deal goes through you might find yourself marketing other studios' work. The minuses outweigh the plusses no matter how Iger tries to spin it.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

MerlinTheGoat

Oh my...it all makes perfect sense now!
Though to be fair, the creatures in that game keep their mouths shut as they can't talk (just make their animal noises). Thank god too... (very fun game btw)

I never understood the My Little Pony fad and their tattoos on their behind.

And all the little girls that want to be just like their favorite My Little Pony will be getting Disney Tramp Stamps right on Main Street
I realize i'm not at all the target demo for the series (23 year old guy and all), but I've always found MLP to be particularly annoying even as an onlooker. At least the current incarnation of it. There was a TV series that used to come on Disney Channel I believe in the early 90's (might have been made in the 80's I forget) that at least didn't drive me nuts and annoy the heck out of me. I could at least see why it might appeal to girls and it didn't bug me. But the current series, ugh, really don't know how it got popular... Doesn't help that brony-ism (or whatever they call it) is rampant around the net. Sorry fans, I just find the series very annoying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom