Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctornick

Original Poster
Rat is going between Morocco and France. There is a small space in front not being developed, but I'm not sure if it's big enough for a full pavilion.
As an aside, if they wanted to develop the pad where African Outpost now is (I know it has the fireworks fallout issue and would need to be enclosed), they could move the African stuff to between France and Morocco and use the front half of the Ratatouille land for a new African Outpost and have the full pad next to the canal/China for a new expansion.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I guess 'full' for me would include a ride, but it doesn't really seem like Disney wants to even do that with Brazil.

Good to know that it's big enough for a tiny country pad though.
They could put a coaster inside a huge replica of Sugarloaf Mountain...

tl77

No, that image is from the 1975 World Showcase stand alone park. It had both Brazil and Mexico proposed.
Actually this is the version of Epcot I was talking about not the stand alone World Showcase.
ShowcaseFull.jpg

They were big on designing huge buildings with "exterior looking" spaces inside them in those days, but seemed to give up on most of them after the Mexico Pavilion and Universe of Energy

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Actually this is the version of Epcot I was talking about not the stand alone World Showcase. View attachment 233745
They were big on designing huge buildings with "exterior looking" spaces inside them in those days, but seemed to give up on most of them after the Mexico Pavilion and Universe of Energy

As as side note:

Dear Futurists... do you see how bright white that pavilion and walkway is? Well, in real life, it don't stay that way. It turns grey and yellow over time with dirt and grime. Unless you have the budget to power-wash the whole thing once a month, stop including bright white designs in your 'world of the future' projects. Thank-you.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The rumors about Spain being the next Pavillion should die soon, as (unfortunately) Gigantic has been shelved

The possibility of a Spain pavilion was a pet theory amongst outsiders who kept saying Spain was the next pavilion because of Gigantic and the necessity of only building a new pavilion if there was going to be a 'matching' IP ride.

They theorized that surely WDW would open up a new ride to coincide with a new movie, right? If that's the case, then how are we all enjoying the Inside Out ride? Or that Zootopia ride? :banghead:

Well, Brazil is the next pavilion and it's being built without an IP ride, or any ride at all (according to @marni1971). So, the idea of "Spain + Gigantic" was always a fan theory and never an insider rumor.

Spain is rumored by an insider to be the next pavilion after Brazil (if India isn't next) according to our insiders -- and not because of Gigantic. Any national pavilion needs mostly commercial sponsorship, not a Disney movie that needs promoting. But, this is still far off and not anywhere near greenlit.

From the rumor tracker...

New National Pavilions
  • after Brazil, Spain is the next contender (a long shot) for a pavilion. [weak]

DisneyFan18

The possibility of a Spain pavilion was a pet theory amongst outsiders who kept saying Spain was the next pavilion because of Gigantic and the necessity of only building a new pavilion if there was going to be a 'matching' IP ride.

They theorized that surely WDW would open up a new ride to coincide with a new movie, right? If that's the case, then how are we all enjoying the Inside Out ride? Or that Zootopia ride? :banghead:

Well, Brazil is the next pavilion and it's being built without an IP ride, or any ride at all (according to @marni1971). So, the idea of "Spain + Gigantic" was always a fan theory and never an insider rumor.

Spain is rumored by an insider to be the next pavilion after Brazil (if India isn't next) according to our insiders -- and not because of Gigantic. Any national pavilion needs mostly commercial sponsorship, not a Disney movie that needs promoting. But, this is still far off and not anywhere near greenlit.

From the rumor tracker...
That makes more sense, I really appreciate you clearing it up. The rumor as I had heard was that Disney wanted to make a Spain Pavilion to make synergy with their upcoming movie (Gigantic), and that it being delayed could have affected its development. And now that I read what you wrote it doesn’t make as much sense as I thought it did back in the day :)

GlacierGlacier

As as side note:

Dear Futurists... do you see how bright white that pavilion and walkway is? Well, in real life, it don't stay that way. It turns grey and yellow over time with dirt and grime. Unless you have the budget to power-wash the whole thing once a month, stop including bright white designs in your 'world of the future' projects. Thank-you.
See: Space Mountain

And that doesn't even have feet on the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom