Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSoxNo1

Nothing about Equatorial Africa strikes my interest. Personally I'd like Greece, Egypt, Spain, possibly India... I feel like Middle East and South America need representation as well... maybe Costa Rica... or dare I say, Israel (I loved the original plans) or the United Arab Emirates.
Africa and parts of India are reperesented well in the Animal Kingdom. I could see the Asia section expanded to better represent India, but putting either in Epcot would be a bit redundant in my opinion.

RSoxNo1

Does that mean the China pavillion is a redundancy of Asia in DAK?

Not only are the specific locations different (the land in DAK is east Africa, not equatorial Africa), but the themes are different. One would be more about human achievement while the other is about our human's relationship with nature. That's no more redundancy than there is between Future World and Tomorrowland, or Africa/Asia and Adventureland.
FYI, a distinction should be made between Tomorrowland and Future World.

No Name

I mean that a distinction should be made between the two lands. The future of both lands seems to be up in the air and no clear distinction appears to be set.

Oh. Okay. Well my thought... I think Tomorrowland should and will continue to look futuristic, while Future World should be more futuristic in content than in style. Maybe FW shouldn't look like it popped out of the 90s, but I don't think it should recreate the aurora borealis either. It should look like a fairly contemporary world's fair.

But I feel bad because this had nothing to do with Brazil.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Africa and parts of India are reperesented well in the Animal Kingdom. I could see the Asia section expanded to better represent India, but putting either in Epcot would be a bit redundant in my opinion.

I don't think countries in WS and continents represented in AK are equivalent. AK is primarily about the wildlife, the animals. Epcot is primarily about the cultures represented. While AK does have buildings and theming to represent those continents, it isn't a true representation of the cultures of those areas as much as occurs in WS.. So it wouldn't be redundant at all to add an African or Asian country (India, South Africa, etc...) I'd be in favor of countries from less represented continents being added to WS: Brazil (S. America, no representation), India, Russia (Asia, but different culturally than China/Japan), or a country in central Africa (Nigeria, Zambia, etc.).. Spain would be great, but Europe is already well represented as is North America...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't think countries in WS and continents represented in AK are equivalent. AK is primarily about the wildlife, the animals.

Actually, I consider the Africa section of DAK to be pretty much the equivalent of a WS pavilion, if not even more representative. There's a whole swath of "Africa" in which there are no animals. You have African restaurants, QSs, kiosks, singers and dancers. Not to mention the extraordinary lengths taken to re-create African architecture (albeit being taken over by 'nature'). What more would a pavilion in WS do to match the Harambe section of DAK. Then, on top of all that, all the African animals.

njDizFan

Meanwhile, over in Germany, UK, Norway, Italy, and France...

Or Canada, Mexico, and the American Adventure.
Exactly:
5 in Europe
3 North America
2 Asia
1 Africa
Opinions are obviously going to vary which continent needs a larger presence, some have none at all( S. America, Australia, Antarctica, Polynesia-technically not a continent) and the funds from corporate sponsorship will skew to more affluent countries. I would vote 1 more for Africa (Egypt), 1 for Eurasia (Russia) and 1 for Asia (India), based mainly on architecture, culture and food. Oddly enough ( of the 3 listed) India's economy would be the fastest growing and most able to get a corporation to pony up the funds.

Princess Leia

If another African country is ever to be added, Egypt would seem like the most logical choice. A pyramid facade could be built on the expansion pad by the water, due to fire codes (or whatever the technical explanation is), allowing for an cool focal point. It has a very different culture compared to countries in central Africa (which are represented in AK).

ToTBellHop

If another African country is ever to be added, Egypt would seem like the most logical choice. A pyramid facade could be built on the expansion pad by the water, due to fire codes (or whatever the technical explanation is), allowing for an cool focal point. It has a very different culture compared to countries in central Africa (which are represented in AK).
They already have a pyramid in World Showcase...

I'm thinking somewhere like Kenya. They can help finance this, right???

MichRX7

Premium Member
I love this forum. There are almost as many perpetually offended people on here as there are on political forums & twitter. I'm jumping into this thread at page 53 just to give a shout out that I'm all for adding Brazil as long as they have a sweet Carnival parade every hour on the hour and double those parade times during food & wine festival because drunk guests at a Carnival parade would be even funnier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom