Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PorterRedkey

And why is it so important for you for me to ... what are your words? "Admit my mistake?"
The timeline has changed and I have reflected that in my posts for quite a while.
Sometimes, I think people here just want others, especially but in no way limited to me, to be wrong. It's sorta weird and strange and, perhaps, even sick.

I don't see how anything is better by me saying, "You know when I said the SWE wouldn't open at WDW until two years after DLR? And now they have pushed up their timeline, so it should open within a very fast window of the other, possibly even at the same time if they delay Anaheim, which I think they will for testing/adjusting."

How does that help anything? I just said it, so you should be happy. Things change all the time on projects like this ...but I at least get the info, vet it and place it out as quickly and responsibly as I can for fans.

I just admitted it. Does that make you happy or joyful? Do you demand the same of every poster here?
I'm just trying to understand the motivation and why it is important. Because I'll take you at your word that you are not trying to be a d*ck. But I would hope you realize that others are here posting about me just well ...because they are. Would you agree with that?
It doesn't please me, one way or another.

I was responding to your statement that you did not say SWE would open in 2021. Well, two years after 2019 is 2021.
Your post also suggested SWE might not open when "Iger said" and cited some long-delayed projects. To me, this seemed like you were still suggesting that SWE might still be delayed into 2021. It just seemed like you were having it both ways. So I gave you my opinion. I thought you could handle that.

I read your post and enjoy the information you can share. I hope you keep posting.

RSoxNo1

The Brazil concept/hope/plan is quite real. I posted about it in early March: http://micechat.com/154385-kevin-yee-epcot-2-0/

What actually gets built is, of course, subject to a billion things in the interim. But this is NOT a fake blue-sky concept. It's been floated and seriously considered.
Agreed. Brazil has been something on the table for a while. I don't doubt that Spain is being considered as well, but Brazil seems to be the front runner.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Was there ever any concept art for Spain from Epcot's past?

IMG_7602.jpg

biggy H

To be a true representation of Brazil you would need to be mostly rainforest, either virgin or burning and the slums... When I was in Brazil that was what I saw most, slums everywhere.....

Princess Leia

To be a true representation of Brazil you would need to be mostly rainforest, either virgin or burning and the slums... When I was in Brazil that was what I saw most, slums everywhere.....
I've said it before, will say it again, I highly doubt that the favelas will be a part of a rumored Brazil pavilion. It would be like putting a focus on America's heroin epidemic or something in the USA pavilion. Not going to happen in Epcot.

The Empress Lilly

I bet this is not what they're going to build for RAT's Paris, although it's more representative of modern France:
alx_favela_em_paris07_original.jpeg

7032213-10760956.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom