1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Rumor: Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by doctornick, Mar 26, 2017.

1. doctornick

doctornick Well-Known Member

I thought this was worthy of a breakout thread given the discussion is taking away from the potential Ratatouille ride for France in the other thread.

@MansionButler84 basically confirmed that the front runner country for a new World Showcase pavilion is Brazil:

I'll give some credit to @TabulaRasa who reasoned it out prior in this post.

2. disney4life2008

disney4life2008 Well-Known Member

Blah

3. yeti

yeti Well-Known Member

4. doctornick

doctornick Well-Known Member Original Poster

So the bad news... While it seemed at one point that any new pavilion was destined to have a ride (or other major attraction) at opening, the insiders on here seem to be having a consensus that Brazil -- if it happens -- may not open with one. This is apparently a shift from the earlier plans.

5. PorterRedkey

PorterRedkey Premium Member

I know this pavilion will have a shop and a restaurant. Will it have a ride? It so, what form might that ride take?

6. MansionButler84

MansionButler84 Premium Member

Here is a concept image:
    IMG_3134.JPG

I cannot elaborate on the actual project, but I wish it was an Amazon rainforest boat ride with no IP. Too bad they'd didn't build this in the late '80s or early '90s.

I should point out, there isn't still a chance for a ride. It depends on what the public or private sponsor chooses.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  7. Tahu

Tahu Well-Known Member

Probably a new Three Caballeros ride if Coco's taking over Mexico. Brazil was a huge part of the two Latin America films and Jose is so much of an icon in Brazil that they actually drew him over Donald and Mickey in the Disney comics over there.

8. Oriolesmagic

Oriolesmagic Well-Known Member

Brazil is a country that really provides a lot of possibilities and directions for Disney to take in terms of aesthetics. Will it have more of an Amazon vibe or that of Rio de Janeiro? My guess is the latter.

If so, will the Christ the Redeemer statue be the focal point? I'm not sure what else would be recognizable enough.

9. breakin2

breakin2 Well-Known Member

Will you be required to chant when you walk through the pavilion?

10. articos

articos Well-Known Member

I am not implying any new WS pavilion is being greenlit as of now. I'm just giving insight into the processes that go on while making these decisions.

George, brb1006, WildcatDen and 6 others like this.
  11. Cosmic Commando

Cosmic Commando Well-Known Member

It's the only country I've seen whose flag was included on World Showcase merchandise without having a pavilion... it certainly wouldn't be a shock if they built a Brazil pavilion.

Ali Mouse, brb1006, Speedy71 and 5 others like this.
  12. The Empress Lilly

The Empress Lilly Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

13. doctornick

doctornick Well-Known Member Original Poster

I couldn't find the post, but one of the insiders once remarked that there were three countries for WS pavilions under consideration:

#1 was likely, but not finalized
    #2 was possible, but not certain
    #3 was being considered by very unlikely.

My assumption would be that #1 is Brazil, #2 is Spain and #3 could be any number of countries (maybe Australia or India?)

14. MansionButler84

Easy enough to dust off.

15. WDW1974

WDW1974 Well-Known Member

This is a rumor that is far, far, far, far from happening. ... I'm not even sure it has real legit background or if it is coming from a faction of WDI (see leaked HKDL plans that still are NOT a go) or bloggers/podcasters who have a bunch of circumstantial items that they are using to take a very huge leap.

Honestly, if WS was getting an addition, I can think of half a dozen countries that would make more sense than Brazil.

Tour groups and a failed and troubling Olympiad in no way should lead to a conclusion here.

Lots of stuff being talked about with a fair amount happening ... but this ...

rreading, Sloan, brb1006 and 19 others like this.
  16. MansionButler84

Yes. I'm honestly not sure what #3 is. Not that it matters. I'll be happy if we finally get a 12th nation.

17. WDW1974

WDW1974 Well-Known Member

Actually, it would be. A huge one ...

brb1006, Skami, ItlngrlBella and 3 others like this.
  18. jt04

jt04 Well-Known Member

I could see them doing something like this in a similar way the Mexico pavilion is depicted. Indoors, in the evening with the statue illuminated.

In any case, the Amazon should be a subject of a ride in WS or DAK. I think if we get Brazil in WS, then I have doubts we would ever see South America in DAK. Tough decision for the deciders I think.

19. MansionButler84

As far as I can tell, the rumor is starting right here, with neither bloggers nor podcasters.

I don't know of anyone suggesting it WILL happen. Rat is far more certain. And even with it, I'll believe it when I see excavators. Far too many canceled and changed plans over the years. ESPECIALLY in World Showcase.

AEfx, George, Fantasmicguy and 16 others like this.
  20. The Empress Lilly

The Empress Lilly Well-Known Member

I want Brasilia. I want Niemeyer and Costa. Just think how well it would complement Tomorrowland, EPCOT, the TTC/monorail/Contemporary, the SSL hotels, the underlying principles of the entire Florida Project. *sigh* :inlove: