Ruin Your Favorite Rides! (Aka UN-Imagineering)

EnergyKing

The American Adventure...now...the Frozen Adventure!...Ben Franklin and Mark Twain get drunk and form a polar bear club. They take sub zero swims while hit songs from Frozen play loud and distorted through a mini victrola. (there's also an underground shuttle bus to the Norway Frozen meet-and-greet. it departs every 3 seconds)

ArtificialArtist

How about replacing AE with Stitch's great escape?
After all.. grown-ups are only the paying cattle of the MK, and do not deserve to have a mature attraction. And, less time inside an attraction means more time for shopping and dining and time for other useless crapola to buy. Ingenious!

Show me the money! (In true Tom Cruise fashion)

DisneyManOne

Um...it's a joke man. The whole point of this thread is to ruin our favorite Disney rides. I ruined my favorite Disney ride.

I know it's a joke, man. I just say that to mock the fact that Nickelodeon has recently been getting their latest hit shows from the Internet (ex. Fred, Breadwinners and React to That).
------------------------------------------
Also, I came up with a new term for this thread: MINUSING. Ya know, it's like plussing, but it's...never mind, you get the concept.

DisneyManOne

Have any of you ever heard of the YouTube podcast "What's the Attraction"? The podcast's most recent episode, a double feature of Astro Orbiter and Magic Carpets of Aladdin, had the hosts, SurferClock and TAP-G, complaining about the many different carousel spinner rides there are in the Orlando theme parks (according to them, there are six: Dumbo, Magic Carpets of Aladdin and Astro Orbiter at Magic Kingdom, Triceratop Spin at Disney's Animal Kingdom, Kang and Kodos' Twirl n Hurl at Universal and One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish at Islands of Adventure).

This complaining led to a discussion on what it would be like if many of today's major franchises and IPs had their own spinner ride, which led to a rapid-fire Top 10 ideas. I'd like to share the list with you, because since this thread is about ruining rides, some of these ideas may ruin the spinner ride in general. So, get ready because this is what I like to call...

The Top 10 Rides If Every IP Got a Spinner Of Their Own (this part starts in the video at the 1:06 mark)

#10. Launchpad's Biplane Spin:
If it's got wings, you can crash it!
#9. Pooh's Balloons: Hold on to your string and watch out for bees!
#8. Marvelous Minion Madness: Because minion minion minion minion minion minion!
#7. Dusty Crophopper's Fire Brigade: Because you liked "Cars 4"!
#6. Hercules' Pegasus...Pega....Pronounce it and you can ride it!
#5. Stitch's Rocket Blast (now with 20% more chili dog breath!)
#4. Rocketeer Rods (featuring untested government tech and Nazis!)
#3. Harry Potter's Nimbus 2000 Rally: Because Hogwarts isn't already dangerous enough!
#2. Pink Elephants on Parade: Drink up, me 'earties!
#1. Elsa's Frozen Flight: Because there's still money to be made off this thing, so heck with canon! Elsa can fly now!

Jack Pumpkinhead

Now replacing Disney's Hollywood Studios comes Sense of Right Alliance Land.Fly in what was originally the Tower of Terror with Superman in Superman's Battle.Drive around in Blue Lightning McQueen in what was the Great Movie Ride in Lightning McQueen's Race to the Death(you know for kids!)Fly around with Shrek in Shrek's Swamp Flyers(was once Star Tours).Cruise with the Greatest Superheroes in "It's A Bootlegged World".And you do so much more in this bootlegged park based off this bootlegged toy franchise.Only at Sense Of Right Alliance Land.

spacemt354

Chili's
Horizons_Full_777.jpg

UnhealthilyObsessed

Parasites of the Caribbean: You just drink tap water from various island nations. Still a pretty wild ride.

Pourin':
It's exactly the same as Soarin', except it just rains on you the whole time.

The Twilight Zone Motel of Terror:
A terrifying journey through nightmarish 1-story high accommodations.

Expedition: Bedrest:
An intense odyssey through the Himalayas to find a nap. When the ride first opened, the audio-animatronic
sheep actually jumped over the fence in the climactic dreaming scene; now we're stuck with disco lambs.

Brer Panther

What if the characters from DREAMWORKS MOVIES invaded the parks?! We'd have...
  • Storybook Circus becomes AFRO CIRCUS! Instead of Pete's Silly Sideshow, we have MARTY'S ROCKIN' DANCE PARTY where everyone is forced to wear a rainbow wig and dance to "Afro Circus" 24/7!
  • The Seas With Nemo and Friends becomes The Seas With OSCAR and Friends! Based off DreamWorks' 2004 release Shark Tale, guests are now transported to Underwater New York City, where they'll meet a horrifying Will Smith Fish who gets WAAAAAAAAAAY too close to the guests! Turtle Talk With Crush is now a ROCKIN' DANCE PARTY where you can get your groove on with Will Smith Fish, Rene Zellwigger Fish, and even Martin Scorcese Fish!
  • Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin gets Monsters vs. Aliens theming!
  • Space Mountain is now themed to their most recent film, Home! Help a girl voiced by Rihanna who doesn't even try to sound younger at all and an alien clearly voiced by Jim Parsons save the world! The post-show area as you exit is now a ROCKIN' DANCE PARTY where Jim Parson Alien shouts that his hands are in the air like he just does not care!
  • King Julien has now invaded the Enchanted Tiki Room! No Tiki Gods will be angered by his sweet dance moves!
  • Shrek has set up shop in Fantasyland, replacing Peter Pan's Flight! Riders board Dronkeys and fly through Far Far Away! Also, Shrek farts in your face at one point!
  • A ride based on How to Train Your Dragon is now in Norway! But it's not replacing Frozen Ever After. That's too SACRED for Disney to get rid of!
  • The Tommorowland Speedway now features the snails from Turbo in place of the cars! Also, every spot in the attraction is marked by a speaker blasting that "THAT SNAIL IS FAST" song!
  • It's Tough to Be a Bug now focuses on a war between Flik and the cast of Antz!
  • Don't like Stitch's Great Escape? Try MEGAMIND's Great Escape!
  • The Gran Fiesta tour now features PUSS IN BOOTS instead of the Three Caballeros!
  • Characters from Kung Fu Panda have invaded Kali River Rapids!
  • Primeval Whirl is now a ride based on The Croods!
I admittedly would like to see some of these ideas.
And just for the record, I don't hate DreamWorks. This idea was just too good not to post.

gibson12

Encouraged by how much money they saved by closing 80% of Hollywood Studios, executives come up with their most innovative refurb yet: turn off the pesky, cost-guzzling elevators, open up the service stairs to the public, and unveil the newly re-themed Swiss Family Tower Walkthrough of Terror!

Jack Pumpkinhead

OTE="Brer Panther, post: 6797211, member: 101715"]What if the characters from DREAMWORKS MOVIES invaded the parks?! We'd have...
  • Storybook Circus becomes AFRO CIRCUS! Instead of Pete's Silly Sideshow, we have MARTY'S ROCKIN' DANCE PARTY where everyone is forced to wear a rainbow wig and dance to "Afro Circus" 24/7!
  • The Seas With Nemo and Friends becomes The Seas With OSCAR and Friends! Based off DreamWorks' 2004 release Shark Tale, guests are now transported to Underwater New York City, where they'll meet a horrifying Will Smith Fish who gets WAAAAAAAAAAY too close to the guests! Turtle Talk With Crush is now a ROCKIN' DANCE PARTY where you can get your groove on with Will Smith Fish, Rene Zellwigger Fish, and even Martin Scorcese Fish!
  • Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin gets Monsters vs. Aliens theming!
  • Space Mountain is now themed to their most recent film, Home! Help a girl voiced by Rihanna who doesn't even try to sound younger at all and an alien clearly voiced by Jim Parsons save the world! The post-show area as you exit is now a ROCKIN' DANCE PARTY where Jim Parson Alien shouts that his hands are in the air like he just does not care!
  • King Julien has now invaded the Enchanted Tiki Room! No Tiki Gods will be angered by his sweet dance moves!
  • Shrek has set up shop in Fantasyland, replacing Peter Pan's Flight! Riders board Dronkeys and fly through Far Far Away! Also, Shrek farts in your face at one point!
  • A ride based on How to Train Your Dragon is now in Norway! But it's not replacing Frozen Ever After. That's too SACRED for Disney to get rid of!
  • The Tommorowland Speedway now features the snails from Turbo in place of the cars! Also, every spot in the attraction is marked by a speaker blasting that "THAT SNAIL IS FAST" song!
  • It's Tough to Be a Bug now focuses on a war between Flik and the cast of Antz!
  • Don't like Stitch's Great Escape? Try MEGAMIND's Great Escape!
  • The Gran Fiesta tour now features PUSS IN BOOTS instead of the Three Caballeros!
  • Characters from Kung Fu Panda have invaded Kali River Rapids!
  • Primeval Whirl is now a ride based on The Croods!
I admittedly would like to see some of these ideas.
And just for the record, I don't hate DreamWorks. This idea was just too good not to post.[/QUOTE]
Let's also put a funeral at the end of the Shrek ride that replaced Peter Pan, add Shrekpedition Everest with a flying Shrek, put Madagascar and The Road To El Dorado into the Jungle River Cruise, and add in Nickedlodeon in while we're at it shall we?

Brer Panther

I now have a mental image of the Jungle Cruise boats going into the temple... And inside is King Julien.

Unfortunately, the only Nickelodeon idea I have is this: The Seas With SpongeBob and Friends. Anyone else have any ideas?

Foltzy

Got a Couple here:
•Rock n Rollercoaster is now the actual 2 hour tour of an imaginary recording studio, and it's not air conditioned and you stand.
• Tower of Terror is now a walk through exhibit displaying the history of hotels
• Space mountain is now a 45 minute dark ride only good for naps.
• TTA is now an hour and only takes you half the route, going a quarter of the speed it normally goes
• Finally, Expedition Everest, staying the same but with the real conditions of mount Everest while riding

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom