Royal Pacific Resort security deposit...

draybook

Original Poster
I was told that you can pay cash for the balance of the resort stay but that they require a credit card for a deposit towards possible damage to the room. Does anyone know how much they hold?

danpam1024

I was told that you can pay cash for the balance of the resort stay but that they require a credit card for a deposit towards possible damage to the room. Does anyone know how much they hold?
As long as you don't want to charge anything to the room, they do not "hold" anything, they just have it on file :) And they charge the parking fee a few days AFTER you leave.

BuddyThomas

I'm not 100% sure this is true, although I hope it is because I freaking HATE when hotels "hold" an amount on your card for "incidentals", and even if you don't charge anything to your room, it takes like a week for the hold to be credited back. They did such a hold on my card last time I stayed at Royal Pacific. I want to say it was $25 per day but I honestly don't recall the exact amount --- just that it was annoying waiting for the amount to get credited back. Maybe you have to make a special request and say you won't
be charging anything to the to the room? I just don't know. Maybe call guest services. Good luck.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I'm not 100% sure this is true, although I hope it is because I freaking HATE when hotels "hold" an amount on your card for "incidentals", and even if you don't charge anything to your room, it takes like a week for the hold to be credited back. They did such a hold on my card last time I stayed at Royal Pacific. I want to say it was $25 per day but I honestly don't recall the exact amount --- just that it was annoying waiting for the amount to get credited back. Maybe you have to make a special request and say you won't
be charging anything to the to the room? I just don't know. Maybe call guest services. Good luck.

For most large hotel chains, their system automatically authorizes for potential incidentals. Use a credit card to check-in rather than a debit card. Or ask if you can just pay for your room and tax upfront, tell them you will not charge anything to your room and ask to leave your card off file. Many hotels will be okay with that (but not all). Only downside is that you cannot bill any incidentals to your room.

Kungaloosh1937

In my many experiences at the on-site hotels, as long as I've told them that I don't need a mini-bar key or need to charge anything to the room key I've never had a hold put on the card. I've only ever been charged for parking and any extra days outside of the one night deposit.

draybook

Original Poster
Well, that's dumb that you can't pay cash for the parking. Oh well, thanks for the heads up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom