Royal Pacific Construction?

squidward

Original Poster
I was just reading in the 2015 Universal Guide about a refurb coming to RPR. Can anyone confirm this? And if it's accurate, when is it taking place? Also, does anyone know if Sapphire Falls construction will impact RPR? We're booked for July. If it's going to be any issue, we'll probably change reservation to Hard Rock.

Thanks!

fosse76

Yes, it is going on now. I was awakened every morning last week by the sounds of hammering and sawing/drilling. They gave me a whopping $50 for the inconvenience, lol. I think they are simply refurbing rooms. So you may or may not notice it. They are currently working on Tower 1, so you can request a different location.

Animaniac93-98

The are refurbishing rooms one tower at a time and expanding the convention centre.

There are some pictures of the new rooms on this forum and elsewhere online, but they look much better in person. Very nice and modern with lots of plugs for charging (the big thing for newer rooms at UNI).

I think all work will be done by the summer, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Disneyhead'71

Here is what the newly refurbed rooms look like:

nqaGTHy.jpg

And the new hallways:

hGRuuhh.jpg

LQSISdV.jpg

squidward

Original Poster
We changed hotels today to the Hard Rock. Now, that's saying something as I find the Hard Rock's rooms to be rather dull and ugly and I LOVE the Royal Pacific. But I'm sorry, those new rooms are absolutely hideous.

Disneyhead'71

We changed hotels today to the Hard Rock. Now, that's saying something as I find the Hard Rock's rooms to be rather dull and ugly and I LOVE the Royal Pacific. But I'm sorry, those new rooms are absolutely hideous.
Not a big fan of all the grey. Doesn't seem all that tropical, even with the giant red flower.

I don't hate it, but the style really doesn't fit the South Pacific theme unless you are talking the Marriott Honolulu International Airport. Mostly contemporary business with just enough tropical so you can remember which city's airport Marriott you are in.

I should say, I believe they have recently refurbed the rooms at HRH also, but I believe the general consensus on this is most people like them.

accom_roomdetail_poolview.jpg

Last edited:

squidward

Original Poster
That pic above is the old room style at Hard Rock. I was never a huge fan of it, but it's definitely better than the new decor. Maybe I just don't like change, but I think the new room decor at all 3 resorts is terrible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom