Roy O. Disney Steam Locomotive Broken Down (repaired) and Liberty Belle News

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I wonder why they disabled the pump? That normally supplied all the water needed as long as the train was in motion. Now they will have to do it all manually with the injector, and sometimes the injectors can be quite balky if the water from the tender is too warm for the physics of the injector to work properly.
I can sort of understand them trying the electronic ignition. They used to say you could identify the firemen because they were the ones with all the hair singed off their forearms.
Sounds like Disney may have hired the Pointy Haired Boss from Dilbert......

Disney invented the PHB more precisely TDO did

Captain Barbossa

It's been a while since the last post regarding the railroad. And I thought I may shed a little light on the subject. Roy is still running, but he apparently is in rotation with lilly and Roger, one week they'll run Roger and roy, then Roger and lilly, then lilly and roy. Whichever is not a primary for the week runs during the weekend as the 3rd train. This is what I noticed for the past 2 weeks and this week once peak time ended. I have taken the tour about 2 weeks ago, and roy was indoors, BUT he did have some steam (probably so it's easier if he's needed). Last week, Roy's blue train was removed from service and Walter's recently refurbished Red train was brought back into service and is pulled by lilly, so I guess they're refurbishing it at the moment (paint touch ups, new wood running boards like Walter's train has, maintenance, etc.). Side note: Lilly's speedometer was replaced this week and is now digital. May not be very antique, but regardless I think it looks cool and perhaps may provide more accuracy for the speed of the train.
I thought Lilly's speedometer was already digital when she got back from Strasburg.

Disneyrailfan1996

I thought Lilly's speedometer was already digital when she got back from Strasburg.
Possibly. Maybe I may have just now noticed. But especially considering that she now has some sort of black box beneath the engineer's side of the cab (don't quite remember that being there either and I've got numerous photos and videos I took this year that don't have the box), there's a 50:50 chance that it's new. I think she also just got a new buzzer box in the cab since the car horn sound it makes us a bit higher pitched but still sounding very similar to that of her old one and roy and Roger's. Then again it could very well still be the same one just with a new sound (maybe the old buzzer itself failed). But if both are new, considering all the post strasburg changes (LED headlamp, speedometer, buzzer box), I wonder what is in store next for lilly. maybe a little status screen that makes it easier to know what's going on and possibly why (Like what they have on practically every ride's control panel). But for now, I might keep my mouth shut on what may be next! I don't want bob iger getting any ideas that may or may not make lilly more or less modern!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom