Roughly, how much revenue does Disney collect per day?

peter11435

KumbaRider said:
So subtract $100 million from that profit for Everest and there is still $1 billion!
Well, actually I'm pretty sure any costs for EE in 2005 would have been part of the $7.845 billion in expenses.

CatLady

drnilescrane said:
Fantasmic at Disneyland costs around $35,000 for the first show, and it costs less per show if there are more than one.

Out of curiosity, what is "reused" that makes the second show cheaper? Labor?

awalkinthepark said:
Coca Cola is cheap to serve too...even with the cost of straws, cups, ice, etc....my husband used to manage a restaurant and soda(pop) was a huge money maker.

Does Disney even pay for Coca Cola? I know that Pepsi cuts deals with other parks to give them the syrup (and maybe cups -- I can't remember for certain) for free in order to get their logo on every cup. The advertising is worth it to them.

Ringo8n24

CatLadyDoes Disney even pay for Coca Cola? I know that Pepsi cuts deals with other parks to give them the syrup (and maybe cups -- I can't remember for certain) for free in order to get their logo on every cup. The advertising is worth it to them.[/QUOTE said:
From my past experience, large corporations usually pay for the beverage syrup and they sometimes receive free cups. It has all depended on sales, though. Also, Coke and Pepsi give huge commissions based on the sales. Those commissions can be large enough to bring smaller corporations out of the red for an accounting period.

BobD

The annual report does not break down the numbers park by park. However based on what the report does say the MK does not make 78 million a day, and the Emporium does not bring in a million a day. That 9.023 billion is revenue. Meaning the total amount they brought in. Of that only 1-2billion is profit because the rest is expenses.
I think a number of about $12 million a day is more correct if you assume Disneyworld is about 1/3 of park revenue - which it is of park profits. That would be about $4.5 billion per year

tigger1968

Soooooooooo.....this thread is eight years old...so the data being discussed in it is, at this point, completely out of date. Just sayin'.... o_O

mickeysbrother

Cashier at All star sports food court said on breakfast and lunch her cash alone has made upwards to $35,000.
X that by lets say 3 cashes open is $105,000. Times by 3 $315,000. So lets say half a million a day in food sales for all 3 all star resorts. So just think what the parks are making a day.

EOD K9

When I started reading this thread I was wondering why you'd want to look at 2005's report. Now that I see the original date, it makes sense.

DisneyJunkie

Well you have the theme park aspect of Disney, then you have the Disney stores, and the movies and tv shows. So the exact answer is: too much stinkin' $$ per day!

Chef Mickey

Disney makes much higher margins on their TV/broadcasting business. Parks an resorts make pretty low margins. It's a tough business despite how "expensive" people say a trip to Disney is these days.

You'd be more appalled to see how Apple is screwing you for second rate technology.

Lucky

I can't speak for anyone else, but they used to get about $10 per day on average in revenue from me over the course of a year. Now that they've raised their prices so much, they get....$0.

Goofyernmost

$2:50 for a thing of water no wonder they make this much!
Just paid $3.50 for a 16 oz Coke at the U.S. Open (my SIL paid $14.50 for two plain hotdogs, a water and a Coke. My local par 3 course it cost me $2.75 for a Gatorade. Disney does not have a monopoly on prices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom