Rose & Crown and Illuminations

WDWfreak89

Original Poster
We have made reservations at Rose and Crown at 8pm so we could watch Illuminations. We want to sit outside but they person we made reservations with said we have to ask to sit outside on the day of our reservations. Is there a way to do this so we can make sure to sit outside?

wdwcastwannabe

unfortunately there isn't much you can do, it's first come, first served, let the chips fall as they may....

by taking requests and priority seatings for outside it allows for far too much discrepancy and fighting between guests...

JPVonDrake

WDWfreak89 said:
We have made reservations at Rose and Crown at 8pm so we could watch Illuminations. We want to sit outside but they person we made reservations with said we have to ask to sit outside on the day of our reservations. Is there a way to do this so we can make sure to sit outside?

When you book a dinning reservation at Rose and Crown or at Tony's Town Square Restaurant, the official speil you should have been told by the dine agent is...

"Due to overwhelming demand, Special Seating (ex: outdoor seating or fireworks viewing) requests can not be taken. Please allow ample time to arrive at the restaurant podium in order to check-in at your reservation time. You will be seated at the first available table for your party size. "

Request for outside seating, even made at the podium cannot be accepted.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

CAPTAIN HOOK

The official line is -

"You are seated at the next AVAILABLE table that will seat your party"

So if you are a party of 4 you are seated wherever there is room for a party of 4 when that table becomes free. Sometimes you are lucky.

Last year I ate at the Rose and Crown and they gave us the choice of either sitting inside or outside. We chose inside because it was extremely hot and wasn't so busy, however, I was suprised that they gave us a choice. I guess if you want you could arrive at World Showcase a few hours before Illuminations and either eat early or get some drinks and listen to the music across the street.

"Thanks for Soarin' with us."

bayoutinkbelle

I also made advance reservations at Rose & Crown so we hopefully could snag a good Illuminations seat. My best bet was to arrive about 30 minutes prior and ask for an outdoor seat. Inside or outside, I'm thinking it still is more convenient then jockeying for position elsewhere. Time will tell.

mrtoad

You could make it for earlier to get a better chance at a table. Just keep ordering drinks and you should be able to stay longer. As long as your are still paying money to consume something, it should not matter. I am not suggesting go at 7:00 and nurse a coffee from 8:00 to 9:00 but to really spend money while you stay. Just don't drink and drive... :)

golenium

On my honeymoon, we went a couple hours early and asked if it was possible to be seated outside, they said just show up early to your ADR and hope for the best. Luckily we did get that seat outside and the show was fabulous!

lunalovegoddess

We usually try to be seated about an hour before Illuminations, and then we start with an appetizer. By the time we finish our meal, it's usually about 15 mins to showtime and we order a light dessert. Pretty much we plan on eating well and relaxing. (You don't want to annoy the waitstaff, though.)

TLM323

We are booked at the Rose & Crown for 7:10pm on 4/12/06! :)

We will arrive (atleast) 20 minutes early (to request outside seating) & eat VERY, VERY slowly (so we are still on deck, for Illuminations!) ~ thanks to ALL of you, for your GREAT suggestions! :)

This will be the first time I have planned a "full day" (we are going to sleep-in a little & take a boat over to Epcot, from the Swan/Dolphin) at the "World Showcase." I have NEVER visited the Worlds (one by one) and I'm really looking forward to the experience! I am hoping so much for a relaxing & educational day. :)

< Now let me remove my Rose Colored Glasses & say a quick prayer that my 14 Year Old Twin Daughters can GET THROUGH THIS ONE DAY, WITHOUT COMPLAINING! > :)

HAPPY DISNEYING ALL! :)
~ Tammy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom