Rose and Crown Question

JC03

Original Poster
My wife and I will be visiting Epcot in December, and she would really like to try Rose and Crown for dinner. However, we will have our 18 month old with us, so I want to make sure we go to a restaurant with a relaxed atmophere where we won't be bothering other guests. Can anyone give me any advice on whether Rose and Crown would be a good choice if you have a young child? I've heard Rose and Crown described as being "romantic," so I certianly wouldn't want to disturb other couples. Our son is usually very well behaved in restaurants, but you never know . . .

Dubman

We ate dinner there 10/8/05.. Lots of families.. Lots of noise.. Being in Disney you tend to block out reality, and concentrate on having a good time.. Rose & Crown would be perfect for you!! Have a great time!!

:) It'll be fine. Great atmosphere, great food, kid friendly. All you could want.

Just one thing though, I live in the UK and I've NEVER gone into a pub like that over here. The whole of the England Pavilon seems to be the definition of "Quaint". :lol:

HunnyPot

You'll be fine! We ate there back in April and there were a lot of families. Enjoy! It's one of my favorite places to eat at Epcot!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Aside from Victoria and Albert's, I don't know that there isn't a Disney restaurant that doesn't have kids of all ages and behaviors.
Possibly Cali Grille, Citrico's, Artist Point, Narcoossee's, Flying Fish and Yachtsman's Steakhouse are much more adult/quite/romantic....but not necessarily.

Rose and Crown is very casual with nice variety and the usual Disney kids menu, so you will be fine. Enjoy

Ella's Mommy

I wouldnt eat there!!! The food is terrible:hurl: and its very loud because of all the people at the bar!! I would try norway, it has a great menu for kids and the dining area is awsome:sohappy:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Romantic is definitely not a word that comes to my mind to describe the atmosphere at Rose & Crown! :lol:

KaliSplash

As long as you're in the back, away from the bar, the mood can be quaint and romantic.

As for taking an 18-month old, by all means, please do. Perhaps you can erase everyone's memories of my 22 month old's trip (admittedly back in 1987 and no one working there now was there then, I'm sure). But to get back to the story. My wife and i took our 22-month-old son to the Rose and Crown dining room. We were seated and ordered and young Christopher quickly picked up on the servers in their costumes.
He proceeded over the next few minutes to yell at the top of his little lungs anytime he saw a server, "Bring Me Chicken!!!" His mom and I tried to sink through the floor, only partially from embarrassment, mostly from laughter.
Fortunately, our server did get us some crackers or fries or something fairly quickly and if we got dirty looks, we were too engrossed in our own feelings to notice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom