Rose and Crown or Le Cellier

zurgandfriend

Rose & Crown equals one credit; Le Cellier equals two, if you’re on the dining plan. Dining plan aside, I would compare menus and decide which I would enjoy more. I have eaten at both and enjoyed both very much but IMHO Le Cellier has a better menu, then again I’m a steak eater and I have the diet of a puma, and of course there are better steakhouses on property. That said, I would try to decide if I would prefer bangers and mash or cedar cheese soup and poutine. Good luck.

PAW PAW 70

Just got back from WDW and we ate at Le Cellier wasn't impressed with the steaks. No need for this restaurant to be two credits. I am a steak eater and had better steaks at other restaurants in WDW. BY the way the cheddar soup was great!

rsoxguy

As the OP did not mention the use of credits, I will assume that the issue involves the dining experience instead. The Rose and Crown would involve slow eating in order to watch Illuminations during a 7:30 reservation, but it's certainly possible. As to the differences, the two restaurants are completely different in atmosphere and food. One is more casual and the food is a bit on the side of lame, while the other has a darker and more intimate atmosphere with overpriced meat products. The choice relies upon personal preferences.

belledream

You'd have to take your grand ol' time for a 7:30 reservation, but I'm sure you could do it and nobody would try to rush you out. As for the food, we enjoyed both, but we enjoyed the price for what we got of Rose & Crown more than Le Cellier. If you're going Le Cellier kind of money, I'd spend it somewhere else.

R W B

Never ate at Rosé and Crown but I have at Le Cellier and it was amazing. We paid out of pocket, no dining plan and would gladly do it again. I'd like to try other places but Le Cellier was very good.

aladdin2007

Le Cellier is a rip off and not worth the outrageous prices, Rose and Crown is much better, but depends on the menu one is going for I guess.

TXDisney

Le Celier for sure. We just did reservations at both for dinner 2 days apart in September and I was rather unimpressed with the rise and crown for dinner and we even watched illuminations from the patio. The food was just ehhhhh the view was pretty good but I kinda like being more set back for the show.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
What better way to watch Illuminations than fish & chips with a great brew and beautiful weather on the patio at Rose & Crown. Never eaten at Le Cellier, but people who have had said it's overpriced for the food quality. And I love Bangers & Mash, at least the version my mother made.

Matt_Black

What better way to watch Illuminations than fish & chips with a great brew and beautiful weather on the patio at Rose & Crown. Never eaten at Le Cellier, but people who have had said it's overpriced for the food quality. And I love Bangers & Mash, at least the version my mother made.

I'm all about the chicken curry, myself. Nice & spicy with meat that practically falls right off of the bone.

JillC LI

We thoroughly enjoyed both locations. Loved the renowned cheddar cheese soup, pretzel bread, and steak at Le Cellier plus we had the most delightful server. Atmosphere is less casual, but not formal. We also loved our meal at R&C. We had a 7:50pm ADR and we ate up through IllumiNations. The view was great without having to reserve a spot. And we all enjoyed our food - steak and fish n chips for me. My hubby loved the scotch flight (or was that whiskey? I don't drink so I can't recall).

righttrack

For me, I'd have to look at the whole vacation and ask myself, "What's more different?"

I'm guessing if I had to answer that, Rose and Crown has more unique food. Le Cellier has more steak choices if I were wanting that.

harryk

Had 7:30 reservations this past November (2014) and at check-in requested patio seating so as to view Illuminations. They fulfilled our request (after advising us that it was rather cool - which it was). The meals (there were 4 of us) were very good - each of us had something different. The view as better than expected.
Go for it.

Allygator

Original Poster
Had 7:30 reservations this past November (2014) and at check-in requested patio seating so as to view Illuminations. They fulfilled our request (after advising us that it was rather cool - which it was). The meals (there were 4 of us) were very good - each of us had something different. The view as better than expected.
Go for it.
I think I just may. We are going in April so hopefully it won't be cold. I am thinking my 12 year old may enjoy it more than Le Cellier. Thank you. :)

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We are passionate Rose and Crown fans. We have enjoyed Le Cellier before, but it is not nearly as important a destination for us as Rose and Crown. We have done Illuminations from R&C quite a few times. Both sitting outside and watching from our table (7:30pm is the perfect reservation time for this, request it at check-in and say you are willing to wait until 8:00pm if it will get you outside) and also when we have dined inside. If you have a reservation any time after 7:00pm, they will put you in a small area right next to the patio (if you ask) for the fireworks. They aren't the best view in the place, but at least you don't have to wait 30min to an hour sitting doing nothing! Either way, success! Le Cellier - nice food and atmosphere and we love the Unibroue beers, but Rose and Crown always wins the day for overall experience for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom