Rose And Crown And Illumintions

foxfamily238

Original Poster
My husband, daughter, and I are thinking of trying to get Reservations for R&C dinner for our early December trip. What's the best way to coordinate that with watching Illuminations? And is this a good place to view it from? Or should we just have an early dinner somewhere and stake out a place to watch it from somewhere else? Any suggestions on your fav. foods there? Any advice or tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

mousehockey37

I'd ax the idea of trying to coordinate a dinner with fireworks. It's more than likely not going to work out in your favor. Just because R&C may have tables that you can see the fireworks, doesn't mean you'll get those tables, and this is the same for any of the restaurants there. Best advice would be to do an earlier dinner and stake out your spot. Too many people have put too much stock into being able to get the fireworks tables and then come here to gripe about it, so don't put yourself in that situation to start with.

docdebbi

I try not to disagree with people on here, so I am not saying to ignore mousehockey, he does have a valid point. But I can tell you that we do this every time we go and at least for us it works out. We reserve for 7:30 PM, we arrive on time, there is usually a 15-30 min wait for your table, and are seated around 8.

Sometimes we are lucky and are on the patio, sometimes not. But if you tell your server when you arrive, they will try to time your order so you do not have any hot food arriving at fireworks time, and will walk you out to the patio and let you stand there and watch the show. Then return to your table and finish your meal. Once our server didn't get the timing quite right, so we walked out just as our meal arrived, and figured we'd eat cold food. When we walked back in, he had placed silver covers on them to keep them warm for us.
So our experiences have worked out well.

As a matter of fact, the last time we ate there in April 2017, as we were finishing our entrée, the gentleman from the check in desk came and asked our boys if they wanted to start the fireworks. He gave them crowns, sashes of Mickey stickers and a magic wand. He counted perfectly backwards for them and when they waved the magic wand.............the first firework went off. They were beside themselves! Really believed they did it........there is still a little magic at WDW.

13043458_1189803114363438_1804995408461898109_n-jpg.143455

danyoung56

I have yet to enjoy an evening meal at the Rose & Crown. But if I had to choose between the two sets of advice above, I'd go with docdebbi's experience.

Good luck!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I try not to disagree with people on here, so I am not saying to ignore mousehockey, he does have a valid point. But I can tell you that we do this every time we go and at least for us it works out. We reserve for 7:30 PM, we arrive on time, there is usually a 15-30 min wait for your table, and are seated around 8.

Sometimes we are lucky and are on the patio, sometimes not. But if you tell your server when you arrive, they will try to time your order so you do not have any hot food arriving at fireworks time, and will walk you out to the patio and let you stand there and watch the show. Then return to your table and finish your meal. Once our server didn't get the timing quite right, so we walked out just as our meal arrived, and figured we'd eat cold food. When we walked back in, he had placed silver covers on them to keep them warm for us.
So our experiences have worked out well.

As a matter of fact, the last time we ate there in April 2017, as we were finishing our entrée, the gentleman from the check in desk came and asked our boys if they wanted to start the fireworks. He gave them crowns, sashes of Mickey stickers and a magic wand. He counted perfectly backwards for them and when they waved the magic wand.............the first firework went off. They were beside themselves! Really believed they did it........there is still a little magic at WDW.

13043458_1189803114363438_1804995408461898109_n-jpg.143455

I can confirm. I have done the same thing more times than I can count. Having a table with a view is nice, but totally not necessary.

CaptainAmerica

Before the days of the DDP, we were able to enjoy a lovely meal outside and watch Illuminations! during dessert.
Keep trying - keep the CMs informed (great advice from @docdebbi and @CaptainAmerica ) - and good luck!
I'm not sure what the dining plan has to do with it, especially considering that their entrees are relatively inexpensive, so the dining plan would tend to shift people into more high-priced offerings around World Showcase.

Disney4family

I'm not sure what the dining plan has to do with it, especially considering that their entrees are relatively inexpensive, so the dining plan would tend to shift people into more high-priced offerings around World Showcase.
Maybe not. Their meals aren't the most expensive in Epcot, but their outside seating to those who wish to see Illuminations is priceless.
I've found that being seated and dining at a desired time in a desired location has been much harder since the DDP kicked in. We used to walk up to many Epcot restaurants without a reservation and be seated. From my experience, that's close to impossible now that almost everyone has every detail of their trip pre-planned and reserved. Your advice to let the CMs know your wishes is the wisest thing for them to do.

JillC LI

I'm also in the go for it camp. We very much enjoyed our meal at R&C and had a great view of the fireworks. We checked in early for our 7:45 ADR and said we'd like to wait for a table with a view. The food was delicious, and it saved us having to stand and reserve a viewing spot for 45-60 minutes elsewhere. Loved the steak and the sticky figgy pudding.

Ciara

Great place to watch the show! We have done this and it was amazing. Like others said as long as you make it known you don't mind waiting they are pretty accommodating. I typically make our ADR for 60min before illuminations starts, and arrive 15 min early. We usually are sat within 45 min.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom