Rope Drop

BigTxEars

I wonder how the new FP+ system will effect rope drop? I have never made a rope drop myself, we sleep in a little too late for it but I just wonder if it will be less crowded with the new system?

cw1982

I wonder how the new FP+ system will effect rope drop? I have never made a rope drop myself, we sleep in a little too late for it but I just wonder if it will be less crowded with the new system?

I doubt it will be much less crowded at Rope Drop. The people who prefer to get rides in first thing in the morning and then use their fast passes before taking their afternoon breaks will probably still want to be there first thing in the morning. If anything, the lines for some things may start to fill more quickly since people will no longer be doing these mad dashes that I've been reading about to get paper fast passes; instead, they'll already have theirs booked, so they can go straight to enjoying attractions.

Tom

Beta Return
We used to stay at POR every visit for several years. I don't think we ever got on the bus earlier than 8:20am to get to the MK for rope drop. During slower times, you could probably do 8:30, but you'd want to be sure you were actually ON the bus by then....not waiting at the stop for the next one to drive by, already filled up.

Bairstow

If you're planning on seeing the rope drop opening ceremony show at Magic Kingdom, be sure to check the website or guest services to make sure the show is actually being performed that day. On extra magic hours days (which seem to be half of them these days) the show isn't performed, or is performed in a reduced format.

Betsyboo

What time do you need to get on a bus from POFQ to be at the parks for RD, for a 9:00 A.M. opening? And does it need to be earlier/later depending on the park, or about the same for all parks? TIA
We stayed at POFQ in February. If we were at the bus stop by 8am we had PLENTY of time to get to the parks and a couple of times we were the second or third in line at a tapstile. I'm not sure when you are going but be sure to leave earlier on a day that you are visiting MK and want to see the welcome show. If it's a 9am opening the show will be at 8:45 - 8:50. Also factor in bag check if you want to cut it closer by leaving later.

Bairstow

The MK ceremony is the only one left now after cutbacks, should you expect an actual drop of the rope show.

The other 3 are loud PA spiels and out of place music.

MGM still does a special rope drop for Star Wars Weekends.
Are there special opening ceremonies at any of the other parks for certain times of year?

LucyK

POFQ bus system is very reliable but I'm worrywart and I'm usually at the bus stop around 7:45. This always put me at the front of the line or one or two people back from the turnstiles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom