Rope Drop for Hollywood Studios

Minnie1986

Have an trip coming up this summer, and would like to take advantage of the rope drop perk. So far, I've come up with two different plans for my Hollywood Studios day, and would love feedback/advice:

Plan A(assuming rope drop is 7:30 AM (I know it can vary daily) and that ROTR is working:
  • Leave for bus at 6:30 AM
  • Get Genie+ while waiting to be let in & make Slinky Dog Dash my first selection
  • Rope Drop Rise
OR

Plan B (assuming RD is 730) and that ROTR is down:
  • Leave for bus at 630
  • Get Genie+ while either on bus/waiting to RD & make either ToT or RnR my first selection
  • Rope Drop Slinky Dog Dash

Also, has anyone booked Genie+ while either on the bus or waiting to Rope Drop? Were you successful? Was it a huge headache?

KTK

If you are staying on Disney property, the parks open 1/2 hour prior. You didn't mention where you are staying. We tend to get to the bus stop 75 minutes prior to park open (so if park opens to onsite guests at 7:30 am, we are normally at the bus stop by 6:15 am). That way you are guaranteed to be on the first bus from your hotel. We often get on buses prior to one hour before park opening. We normally rope drop ROTR and your selection for Slinky Dog for Genie+ is a great idea (Vast majority of people rope drop either ROTR or Slinky). If you decide on plan B, I would still select Slinky Dog for Genie+ and go to ToT first and then walk on RnR. Both would have minimal to no wait at rope drop. Then you could do ROTR at park close to a short wait.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
If you are staying on Disney property, the parks open 1/2 hour prior. You didn't mention where you are staying. We tend to get to the bus stop 75 minutes prior to park open (so if park opens to onsite guests at 7:30 am, we are normally at the bus stop by 6:15 am). That way you are guaranteed to be on the first bus from your hotel. We often get on buses prior to one hour before park opening. We normally rope drop ROTR and your selection for Slinky Dog for Genie+ is a great idea (Vast majority of people rope drop either ROTR or Slinky). If you decide on plan B, I would still select Slinky Dog for Genie+ and go to ToT first and then walk on RnR. Both would have minimal to no wait at rope drop. Then you could do ROTR at park close to a short wait.
We'll be staying at AKL; thanks for the info about how far in advance to be at the bus. Great tips. Thank you!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom