Room Upgrades

BuddyThomas

I love this board. If anyone dared to post a thread like this on that unbelievably snooty "other" website, all the arrogant know it alls over there would have ripped anyone asking about an upgrade to ribbons. It is really cool that this discussion is going forward without all sorts of "how dare you feel entitled to hope for an upgrade!" type responses.
:)

CJLove79

1 - is the anniversary noted on your reservations? (I'd possibly suggest adding the proposal, but I've heard too many stories of surprises being ruined....)

2 - did you or your travel agent have the reservations linked so that Disney knows that you have continuing reservations at the same resort?

3 - ASSUMING there is availability and they see that you are celebrating an anniversary and will already be going to the suite, the room assigner may POSSIBLY work some magic when he assigns your rooms, which usually happens a few days before you arrive. If that happens, you will know at check in. If not, then you could ask for them to check, but they may ask for you to pay.....

FYI - you will still need to do the check in for the 2nd reservation at the front desk even if they work the magic.

Our anniversary is notated A LOT of times man, each time I call them, I ask have them to verify that its notated. And I didn't have the proposal notated because honestly, I wanted to use it as a possible means to increase my chances of getting the upgrade at check in. LOL. I purchased both reservations on my own through the Disney World site so they were already linked by default. I plan on using theOnline Check In/Direct To Room Check In Process for both reservations but plan on going to the Concierge anyways to ask for the upgrade if, a big IF, they hadn't decided to upgrade us before hand.

CJLove79

Next time you call in, ask the CM to make sure that the 2 reservations are linked as a continuing reservation, the room assigned will then see that note when assigning the first room. The system does not do that automatically.

Really? I never knew that, is there anyway to know if a CM already linked them both on my MDE account?

Mjanae20

A couple years ago, my daughter and I booked a Coronado room. I had a terrible headache, so when they started whispering with each other at the front desk, I was thinking, oh no!

But they said they were going to send us to Saratoga Springs. Now I know some people would jump at that, but I had a 13 yr old with me and it didn't seem like either one of our styles. Also, to be honest, we really wanted to stay at Coronado. Every time we go to Disney we say, next time we want to stay there, but we always stay at Values to save money. So I sort of said no thank you, and asked why they were trying to move us. They said due to over booking from a convention. At that time without saying anything else, another guy said, how about Animal Kingdom. That got my daughters eyes wide and we said Yes! :joyfull:

So they put us in a cab and when we got there, the lady asked if we wanted a Savanna view. I had no clue what she was talking about as far as differences, I assumed we would never be staying there due to how much it costs, so never really looked into it. So I said sure.

It wasn't til we got home that we realized how much that would have cost us. And as lucky, happy and thankful as we were, we still want to stay at Coronado.
We are going in November but will be staying at a value, so we will miss it one more time. :facepalm:

We actually just stayed at Coronado Springs and then switched over to Saratoga Springs (by choice) and I must say I thought Saratoga Springs was 1000x better than Coronado Springs. I highly recommend staying there.

CheshireCat12

We booked YC garden view room. Ended up with a HA room water view! I guess that is an upgrade :) It was pretty nice to sit on the balcony and see the water.

DisneyGirl3820

We've mostly gotten upgrades to WDW views--and it has nothing to do with special occasions for us. We just ask and they usually give us the upgrade unless the hotel is really busy at a peak time.

Pluto15

We've mostly gotten upgrades to WDW views--and it has nothing to do with special occasions for us. We just ask and they usually give us the upgrade unless the hotel is really busy at a peak time.

I think as long as there is availability you will always be guaranteed a room
Upgrade. It costs nothing to Disney as if there cleaning a standard room it upgraded room it's the same labor costs. They know that the upgrade promptes satisfaction and doesn't impact bookings for upgrades in any way. It's a no brainer.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Upgrade. It costs nothing to Disney as if there cleaning a standard room it upgraded room it's the same labor costs. They know that the upgrade promptes satisfaction and doesn't impact bookings for upgrades in any way. It's a no brainer.
Not true in the slightest.

Weather_Lady

No. Not true.

We have never gotten an upgrade, even when our hotel wasn't remotely full, even with birthdays, 25th wedding anniversaries, first visits, and other celebrations noted on our reservation. Not with a grateful attitude and a sweet smile. Not with a little prayer beforehand. To paraphrase Dr. Seuss; not in a house. Not from the Mouse. Not in a box. Not with a fox...

NYwdwfan

Just a quick note that we were upgraded to a newly renovated one bedroom villa at Boardwalk, overlooking a river and the Swan/Dolphin at check in yesterday. We originally had a standard view one bedroom villa. And when I say new,I mean I think we are the first people staying here. More details will follow in an upcoming trip report.

:)

SCORE! Have a great trip.

riverscu0m0

One time at the BW they informed us that they had overbooked and since we'd been frequent flyers there they'd upgraded us from the room directly above the bakery to somewhere else. Intrigued, we agreed. We follow the CM to the club level. We thought "Club level, cool." Then they bring us to the room. We had one normal room (two beds with a bathroom), and then a living room, a master bedroom and a master bath with a jacuzzi. What. We were shocked, my parents were like "...how much is this going to cost us!?" and since the fault was on their part of overbooking, we only paid what we would've for the normal room.

NYwdwfan

One time at the BW they informed us that they had overbooked and since we'd been frequent flyers there they'd upgraded us from the room directly above the bakery to somewhere else. Intrigued, we agreed. We follow the CM to the club level. We thought "Club level, cool." Then they bring us to the room. We had one normal room (two beds with a bathroom), and then a living room, a master bedroom and a master bath with a jacuzzi. What. We were shocked, my parents were like "...how much is this going to cost us!?" and since the fault was on their part of overbooking, we only paid what we would've for the normal room.

That is awesome.

Have you ever stayed over the bakery? Just curious if you found the room noisy from all of the activity from the Bakery and the Boardwalk below. I've always wondered that about those rooms.

riverscu0m0

That is awesome.

Have you ever stayed over the bakery? Just curious if you found the room noisy from all of the activity from the Bakery and the Boardwalk below. I've always wondered that about those rooms.

Yup! That was our typical room, that one or one in the same strip above there. Honestly, yes. We're late sleepers (like 9 am is ideal wake up time) compared to many, so it really wasn't ideal in these rooms. You could hear the boats to HS and Epcot loud and clear blowing their horns bright and early. Also, they powerwash the boardwalk every morning and you can hear that but it wasn't that bad. At night though, at the time my brother was only 6 so it was still early to bed for him and the noise was very enticing to his little self, so getting him to bed was a pain in the butt. On the plus side, the room smelled fantastic in the mornings.

NYwdwfan

Yup! That was our typical room, that one or one in the same strip above there. Honestly, yes. We're late sleepers (like 9 am is ideal wake up time) compared to many, so it really wasn't ideal in these rooms. You could hear the boats to HS and Epcot loud and clear blowing their horns bright and early. Also, they powerwash the boardwalk every morning and you can hear that but it wasn't that bad. At night though, at the time my brother was only 6 so it was still early to bed for him and the noise was very enticing to his little self, so getting him to bed was a pain in the butt. On the plus side, the room smelled fantastic in the mornings.

Those are all distinct "Disney" noises (and smells) and I LOVE those - they help me wake up in the morning. I was thinking obnoxious loud tourist noises but we don't go to bed THAT early so I think it would be OK. We are slated to have our first Boardwalk trip this fall (BC is our favorite) - I think we are booked for standard view though. Are those front rooms water view - or another category? Just curious - if I fall into a little extra money maybe we would change the booking.

riverscu0m0

Those are all distinct "Disney" noises (and smells) and I LOVE those - they help me wake up in the morning. I was thinking obnoxious loud tourist noises but we don't go to bed THAT early so I think it would be OK. We are slated to have our first Boardwalk trip this fall (BC is our favorite) - I think we are booked for standard view though. Are those front rooms water view - or another category? Just curious - if I fall into a little extra money maybe we would change the booking.

Yup! They're water view!
tumblr_nph9aj5FCC1u1tm3to1_540.png

That is the view from those rooms! If you don't mind the noise, I'd definitely say go for those rooms. They are so worth it! If I'm recalling correctly, you can see the fireworks from here too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom