Room suggestions for POR?

real mad hatter

All Rooms.

Are the refurbishments just for converting to the Royal Guest Rooms or is it also making the standard rooms nicer in any way? I guess we are trying to decide for our trip in June if we should ask upon arrival for only buildings that have gone through the refurb if we are not staying in a Royal Guest Room. Will it matter?

nope,all rooms now queen size beds,flat screen tv,new shower heads etc.only PP and OM have royal rooms.I've seen a video somewhere where a maid shows you thro the rooms,look awesome.:wave:

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

Request a room in Building 14 of the Alligator Bayou section.

1. You're close to the bus stop.
2. You're extremely close to the lobby/food court
3. That building just came out of refurbishmet.

The only thing is that because of the layout of the bridges...it's a little bit more of a walk to Ol Man's Island, but that's still not far at all.

Yes! We were in building 14 on our recent trip and it was fantastic!

While I would agree that building 14 and 15 are the best, buildings 14, 15 and 18 are now "preferred" rooms. You can request them but unless you book a preferred room and pay the premium attached to that, the chances of you getting placed there are slim.

Right, and well worth the money IMO. With that said, we have also stayed in building 16 and it was great too.

I remember talking to a woman who was staying in a preferred room in building 27 I think, and she hated it because it was so far away from the food court. She had requested a water view, and she thinks that's why they stuck her there. :shrug:

If going preferred, request 14 or 15. If not, I would request building 16 for sure. Even requesting it, you're not guaranteed that you will be in that building, but Disney has never let me down. :D

Upvote 0

Gravydeen

Does anyone know if the West Depot bus stop is easier to get on crowd wise than the main stop? We stayed in building 25 in early December once and hardly ever had anyone else getting on with us. I realize that was a very slow period but I was under the impression at the time that the resort was quite crowded. I'm a little concerned about getting a room near the main building this time and being overwhelmed with the bus stop crowds. we also get on the bus 45 minutes to an hour before the parks open so crowds may be better then anyway.

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Premium Member
I requested Magnolia bend. Is that a good area close to pool, main building, food etc?

Mr_Incredible---Magnolia Bend is a great location! In addition to 'Ol Man Island' POR has 5 'quiet pools'. Magnolia Bend has two of these-one is located between Magnolia Terrace and Acadian House and another between Oak Manor and Parterre Place. You can download a map of Port Orleans which will also show you the Sassagoula crossover bridges to the food court, front desk, General Store, etc.

My apology to Steve if there is a POR map on this site, but if not, you can go to www.PortOrleans.org for a map.

Upvote 0

tinkerbell24

i like the look of the magnolia bend rooms, plus i think all the renovations will be complete there by the time i go.

are the standard magnolia bend rooms still close enough to the food court/busses?
i have been trying to decide where to make a request and am still a little confused as to leave it and just hope for the best or just make a request!!

i have cfs/fms but i dont need a diasabled room, however i have been reading reviews on this resort and never realised it was so big. im not sure that after walking all day i could handle a long trek to my room, esp with a 3 yr old in tow :veryconfu

when booking my holiday the agent made a request for a royal room but that was last year before the prices came out so im pretty sure that wont be happening as im not too fussed about paying the extra for one.

id be grateful for any opinions you have to make my decision a little easier :eek:

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

See Your Main Thread.

i like the look of the magnolia bend rooms, plus i think all the renovations will be complete there by the time i go.

are the standard magnolia bend rooms still close enough to the food court/busses?
i have been trying to decide where to make a request and am still a little confused as to leave it and just hope for the best or just make a request!!

i have cfs/fms but i dont need a diasabled room, however i have been reading reviews on this resort and never realised it was so big. im not sure that after walking all day i could handle a long trek to my room, esp with a 3 yr old in tow :veryconfu

when booking my holiday the agent made a request for a royal room but that was last year before the prices came out so im pretty sure that wont be happening as im not too fussed about paying the extra for one.

id be grateful for any opinions you have to make my decision a little easier :eek:

Just a quickie,the renovations are finished.you'll love the resort.:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom