Pre-Trip Room share anyone?

I am planning on going WDW the last two weeks of January. (Getting butterflies in my stomach just writing this) As I am going by myself I was wondering if someone might want to share a room with me for part or whole of my trip. I have traveled world wide and I am used to sharing accommodation. I am a non smoking non snorer 40 year old female who is considerate of other people and would like to share with someone similar. At the moment I am still flexible on dates and hotel as I haven't booked anything yet. (I have looked at renting DVD points to stay in a deluxe studio at AKL).
Please send me a message if interested so we can hash out the detals.

12in12

Original Poster
Good luck with finding a roommate. Sounds like a great way to finding some Disney obsessed friends. :)
Thanks! New friends are always welcome but just a decent person sharing the cost of the room would be fine as well.

Last edited:

12in12

Original Poster
I am getting slightly obsessed with booking my trip. I spent a shocking amount of time pricing out all the different resorts and options today. Free dining plus a $200 gift card is on offer in the UK for 2018 bookings. I have narrowed it down to 2 (very different) options.
Option 1. All Star Sports with free breakfast every day of my stay.
Option 2. Deluxe Studio Animal Kingdom Lodge. (DVC rental)

Animal Kingdom Lodge would cost $1000 more for my two weeks stay plus no free breakfast.
I have stayed at both resorts and was happy but obviously AKL is much nicer. Last time I was at AKL was with family and I shared a room, not sure if I can justify the cost if it is just me.
I think I will sleep on it...

12in12

Original Poster
I told my friends and family about my plans to go to WDW in January. To my surprise I got some very negative reactions. Some of them feel strongly about imposing a travel ban on the US at the moment and tried to talk me out of going. It made me a bit sad but I did the same as when I wanted to go to North Korea and Brazil on my own, and ignored them! I booked my flight to Orlando this morning, I will arrive on January 17. So happy I could do a little dance right now!
Now I just need to decide where to stay...

12in12

Original Poster
I had 2 flights yesterday, totalling 16 hours in the air. Luckily the I flight entertainment system had the new Beauty and the Beast and lots of other Disney and Pixar movies. I did try to sleep for a few hours but also watched The Aristocats, Brave and Wall-E. I wanted to watch Inside Out but it makes me cry too much to watch in public. It was a nice little movie binge and I am still so ridiculous happy I have a trip planned to Disney World:)

P.S. Am I the only person that thinks Wall-E is the most romantic movie ever?

12in12

Original Poster
After go back and forth on my resort choice I have decided to treat myself to AKL Jambo House for the full 2 weeks. I am in the process of renting points and just can't stop smiling!

Totally Disney unrelated but this is what I was served for breakfast this morning.
There is a prize for the first person that can guess what the brown triangle is.
20170613_084058.jpg

Belle_MTL

It's funny that you mention the travel ban because I recently had a conversation with a fellow Disney fanatic and we both agreed that WDW is a world of it's own and is completely exempt from any US ban, lol. I agree that politics should be checked at the welcome sign. :)
PS, is that tonga toast in your picture?

12in12

Original Poster
I wish it had been Tonga Toast @Belle_MTL but they don't have Tonga Toast in Indonesia or anywhere else as far as I know.:(
I am glad you agree that Disney has nothing to do with the rest of the world, it is one of the benefits of entering the bubble.

12in12

Original Poster
A little update,

First off that "not Tonga Toast" was a chicken sandwich. Bits of chicken, onion and peas in a creamy sauce on 2 slices of white wonderbread, dipped in egg, covered in breadcrumbs and then deep fried.:depressed: To make it more appetizing it was served cold. Luckily I rarely eat breakfast so just tried one bite and left the rest.

As I mentioned earlier I have booked my flight, I fly to Gatwick from Amsterdam (visiting family for a month over the holidays) on 16 January arriving around 16.00 I fly Gatwick to MCO at 11.35 on 17 January. I could take the train to my home in Notting Hill and back again to the airport the next morning but I have had back luck in the past with the train not running etc. so I have booked a hotel at Gatwick to stay the night. Much more relaxing start to my WDW trip!:)
The hotel cost me £53, return on the train would have cost me £ 46 so it was an easy decision.

12in12

Original Poster
Not Disney related but I climbed up an active volcano last night. It was very tough, no real path, lots of rocks etc. and a very steep 2.5 miles climb to the top. While doing this I was
1. Cursing my friend whose idea this had been.
2. Singing " I want adventure in the great wide somewhere" in my head just to keep going.
3. Pledging to work out more because I am clearly not as in shape as I thought I was.

We did make it to the top before sunrise and it was spectacular!
Little hesitant to post my phone pics after seeing @Sheriff Woody 's but hope you enjoy anyway.
20170617_062934_HDR.jpg
20170617_071053_HDR.jpg
the monkey joint us to watch the sunrise.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom