Room Occupancy

gorebunch

Original Poster
I have looked at several different websites but I wanted to confirm the occupancy of the DVC rooms. There are 5 of us (2 adults, 3 kids (9-11 year olds). What is the smallest DVC room I can get and stay within the occupancy guidelines?

mouse_luv

I have looked at several different websites but I wanted to confirm the occupancy of the DVC rooms. There are 5 of us (2 adults, 3 kids (9-11 year olds). What is the smallest DVC room I can get and stay within the occupancy guidelines?
I'm pretty sure one bedroom for most.

stichrules

it will depend upon the resort. At the Wilderness Lodge villas you can get a studio. We just stayed last month in a studio at WLV and tehy have a tale that folds down ino a twin bed. plus the queen bed and a queen sleeper sofa. Some studios have a chair which turns into a sleer. I beleiev AKL has these.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You will be looking at a 1 bedroom an minimum for most DVC resorts. Some will require a 2 bedroom.

To my knowledge, the only DVC resort that will allow 5 in a studio is Old Key West and that is reserved for DVC members only.

Minthorne

it will depend upon the resort. At the Wilderness Lodge villas you can get a studio. We just stayed last month in a studio at WLV and tehy have a tale that folds down ino a twin bed. plus the queen bed and a queen sleeper sofa. Some studios have a chair which turns into a sleer. I beleiev AKL has these.

Also the VGF studio sleep 5

LivFreeorDisney

The VWL just added a flip down bed under the TV just like at VGF, but I don't know if the total occupancy for that studio stayed at 4 or moved to 5.

Disneykidder

VGF and VWL studios are pretty much the only 2 for a family of 5. We stayed at both in July. The rooms are a decent size and that pull down under the tv at each are great. My family is 2 adults and 3 children ages 3, 5 and 10. The 5 and 3 year olds liked sleeping on the tv bed together, each facing a different way. I laid on it with them to fall asleep and it was quite comfy. But for your kiddies, I'd only put one of them on that and the other 2 on the pull-out sofa.

gorebunch

Original Poster
So, I just got a match for a one bedroom at the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge but I called and they said that the occupancy is 4 adults and one child under 3. Is this true? It seems strange that my family (2 adults, 11, 9, and 9) can stay at a studio but not a one bedroom.

Help me uderstand.

Thanks.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So, I just got a match for a one bedroom at the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge but I called and they said that the occupancy is 4 adults and one child under 3. Is this true? It seems strange that my family (2 adults, 11, 9, and 9) can stay at a studio but not a one bedroom.

Help me uderstand.

Thanks.
The 1 bedroom villas all have a king sized bed in the master bedroom. The living room has a pullout couch that sleeps 2. The rooms all come with a pack-n-play portable crib thing so I assume that's the 5th person under 3. I was under the impression that they would allow you to have a 5th person but you had to bring your own bedding.

Some of the newer resorts have a sleeper chair as well as the pullout couch in the 1BR villas making the occupancy 5 instead of 4. I think they are at AKV, BLT and VGF. When they renovated the rooms I'm surprised they didnt add this to VWL. They added the sleeper chair to HH when they did the big refurb of the rooms. BCV, BWV, VWL and SSR are the ones that still only sleep 4 in the 1BR units. I think BCV is due for a refurb soon. BWV and VWL had recent refurbs so it must be size that is restricting the addition of the sleeper chair.

This confirms what you were told:

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resort...re-deluxe-studios-will-soon-sleep-five-guests

Last edited:

Disneykidder

I also find it annoying that a family of five has to get a 2 bedroom and higher instead of a 1 bedroom. I think all 1 bedrooms should accommodate at least 5. If a studio is 4 than it should go up from there.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I also find it annoying that a family of five has to get a 2 bedroom and higher instead of a 1 bedroom. I think all 1 bedrooms should accommodate at least 5. If a studio is 4 than it should go up from there.
This seems to be the model going forward. For some reason they didn't add the sleeper chair to BWV or VWL when they redid the room furniture. They did add the sleeper bed thing into the studios at VWL. It's just strange. Maybe they are trying to differentiate the newer (more expensive) resorts by offering an extra person in a 1BR unit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom