Room Charges - Multiple People

Purple_Cat2121

Original Poster
Hello. I'll possibly be going to Disney World next year with my husband and two cousins (who are adults). We'll be in one room. I'm trying to gather as much information as I can so there's no surprises.

I'm aware of the basics of charging to a room using magicbands. I know once you get close to your resort's set balance it will charge the card on file so the balance goes back to 0.

My question is: if there's multiple cards on file, and the balance is reached, will all appropriate cards be charged or will only one card (the one used for the resort reservation) be charged?

We will have dedicated shopping days, so with 4 people shopping at once the balance will go up quickly and I'm sure we'll be out when we hit our balance. I'd prefer to not go back to the resort when we think our balance is close and have to deal with paying four different times.

If anybody knows the answer to this, that would be great! Thank you. :)

MickeyMomV

When you check in they will ask if you want to leave the card you made the reservation with as the card on file. You have the option to change it if you wish. With your example of 4 different people wanting to charge to 4 different cards you might be better with taking the card with you and just charging it directly. Otherwise you will be forced to sit and try to figure out all of the charges once you get back.

Rob562

Neither of these answers is correct. You can set up separate folios at check in....with each magic band linked to its own credit card (or 2 to one and 1 to another....however you want to do it). Charges are allocated accordingly. There is no figuring out charges or dividing up bills.

^^^ This.

It only takes a couple extra minutes at the front desk at check-in. Also, skip the room charging portion of online check-in. Wait to do it until you get there.

-Rob

MickeyMomV

Neither of these answers is correct. You can set up separate folios at check in....with each magic band linked to its own credit card (or 2 to one and 1 to another....however you want to do it). Charges are allocated accordingly. There is no figuring out charges or dividing up bills.
When you say folio are you referring to a separate room account? I know one of the security features they put in place for MB's is that there is no direct link for the card to the band. It all gets charged to the room and then charged to a credit card separately at checkout or when the room account reaches the charging limit.

jrlbc06

When you say folio are you referring to a separate room account? I know one of the security features they put in place for MB's is that there is no direct link for the card to the band. It all gets charged to the room and then charged to a credit card separately at checkout or when the room account reaches the charging limit.

The room charges accumulate separately based on which magic band is charging them. So yes, there are separate folios or accounts with separate pins for each 'charging group / person' in the room.

Purple_Cat2121

Original Poster

So, if we have four different accounts then each person will have their own balance? We would be staying at a value resort (AoA), so each of us could accrue up to $500?

DManRightHere

So while we are on the topic, what is the best way to integrate pre paid disney gift cards? I will have a few on tbe next trip, but I like charging to the MB for convenience.

CaptainAmerica

So while we are on the topic, what is the best way to integrate pre paid disney gift cards? I will have a few on tbe next trip, but I like charging to the MB for convenience.
First, go to DisneyGiftCard.com. Register your cards and combine the balances into one. This saves you the hassle of carrying multiple cards and you're protected in the event of loss or theft because you can shut off a lost card and transfer your balance to a new one if necessary.

To the OP, four adults in a value room? Yikes.

Rob562

The step that @CaptainAmerica left out is that once you're at the hotel, set up your room charge with a credit/debit card. Then use the gift card to pay-down the balance on your room charge. This must be done either a) before you reach the charge limit on your room charge account, or b) before the night before checkout. In both of those instances, they'll bill the card on file when you get to that point.

-Rob

bunnyman

The step that @CaptainAmerica left out is that once you're at the hotel, set up your room charge with a credit/debit card. Then use the gift card to pay-down the balance on your room charge. This must be done either a) before you reach the charge limit on your room charge account, or b) before the night before checkout. In both of those instances, they'll bill the card on file when you get to that point.

-Rob
Yeah, I usually have Disney Visa dollars on a card to use, and I put it on the room account at some point. On recent trip was told at desk that our account limit was set to $1,500, and that they charge your card when you hit that or at midnight the night before you check out.

As an aside, when you get your bill with charges it does list for each charge the person's name who incurred it.

JennSmith

^^^ This.

It only takes a couple extra minutes at the front desk at check-in. Also, skip the room charging portion of online check-in. Wait to do it until you get there.

-Rob
True BUT, be careful. We did this last year...my mom had her c/c tied to her magicband and I had mine attached to mine and the room. All of my mom's charges still got charged to my c/c. I wouldn't have even noticed if it wasn't for the fact that I never received check-out papers/receipts. So when I called to ask that they email me them, the cast member noticed somehow and fixed it. I ended up getting over $600.00 refunded to me. Maybe this is rare so I'm not trying to scare you...just saying that it did happen to me and going forward I will always pay close attention to the charges :)

andy773

Also, my experience has been that once you reach your charge limit on the Magic Band/room, you have to go to the front desk and have them charge it to your credit card; it doesn't happen automatically.

Purple_Cat2121

Original Poster
First, go to DisneyGiftCard.com. Register your cards and combine the balances into one. This saves you the hassle of carrying multiple cards and you're protected in the event of loss or theft because you can shut off a lost card and transfer your balance to a new one if necessary.

To the OP, four adults in a value room? Yikes.

It would be at AoA in a family suite. My husband and I would take the bedroom while my two cousins would take the living room area. It's really not a big deal for us lol. We wanted to be in the same room, but none of the cheaper moderate resorts fit our sleeping situation and we can't afford a deluxe.

Also, thanks to all those who have replied. It's been a huge help!

CaptainAmerica

It would be at AoA in a family suite. My husband and I would take the bedroom while my two cousins would take the living room area. It's really not a big deal for us lol. We wanted to be in the same room, but none of the cheaper moderate resorts fit our sleeping situation and we can't afford a deluxe.

Also, thanks to all those who have replied. It's been a huge help!
The AoA family suites sound perfect for your party! When you said "value resort," I had visions of four grown people stuffed into a standard two-full-bed room at Pop Century.

FWIW, you might consider a Fort Wilderness cabin for the same ballpark price and the benefit of a full kitchen.

Purple_Cat2121

Original Poster
The AoA family suites sound perfect for your party! When you said "value resort," I had visions of four grown people stuffed into a standard two-full-bed room at Pop Century.

FWIW, you might consider a Fort Wilderness cabin for the same ballpark price and the benefit of a full kitchen.

That sounds horrifying lol. If we were to go with standard size then we would get two rooms.
I really like the cabins, but the bunk beds threw us off and we won't need access to a full kitchen, a microwave is plenty. However, it definitely looks like a resort I'd like to try out in the future. Thanks for the suggestion.

jrlbc06

True BUT, be careful. We did this last year...my mom had her c/c tied to her magicband and I had mine attached to mine and the room. All of my mom's charges still got charged to my c/c. I wouldn't have even noticed if it wasn't for the fact that I never received check-out papers/receipts. So when I called to ask that they email me them, the cast member noticed somehow and fixed it. I ended up getting over $600.00 refunded to me. Maybe this is rare so I'm not trying to scare you...just saying that it did happen to me and going forward I will always pay close attention to the charges :)

This happened to us as well. Front desk was able to fix it immediately when we were checking out. Definitely double check your folios when you're checking out and make sure the charges are yours!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom