Rollercoaster idea.....?

StarscreamLSU

Original Poster
This has probably been an idea that has been kicked around, but what about a coaster based off of the 'tree surfing' in Tarzan?

It could be a stand up coaster, and maybe instead of having everyone facing forward they can face to the sides. So each rider you have its back to the other.

Then a 'catch' to the coaster could be that at certain parts the cart 'splits' (like the branches did in Tarzan) and you would be on an upward tilt.

Just another weird idea from your friendly neighborhood Starscream

WDW-Imagineer

Re: tarzan

Originally posted by the ceo at wdw
ok thats a great idea but im not sure about the sideways seats i like the idea but can it be done?:) :) :confused: :confused:

I doubt it... I think the G forces on the body would be too great (especially on the side of your body).

JAY-ROD

Re: Re: tarzan

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

I doubt it... I think the G forces on the body would be too great (especially on the side of your body).

you know everybody talks about disney getting a floorlesscoaster, standupcoaster, for animal kingdom or MK. I just dont ever see that happening ever. if it was in a building then yeah maybe. How in the world do u theme up a outdoor roller coaster to make u feel part of it. Thats what disney does is makes a story themes it up, and bang you have a classic disney attraction. So if anybody can theme up a outdoor coaster. then let me hear it. I'm all ears! :)

StarscreamLSU

Original Poster
Sure - thought of this too

The track can be decorated to look like the tree branches, with the moss growing off it (I've seen this on a coaster before - so it can be done)

The ride comes out of the start area and the speakers (like Rn'R) start to play that jungle beat from the begining of Tarzan.

bhudumumhaduh....

You enter that first big climb and it goes into this big darkened tunnel. The beats become louder and faster....

bhudumumhaduh....

All around you glowing eyes start to appear (like when the monkey's are looking at Jane in the movie) and you hear their angry screams all around you. The beats are almost drowned out but the screams and howls....

At the end of the tunnel you suddenly see a light. The screams become louder and the music becomes faster...

TARZAN YELL!!

You shoot down and around the coaster. You pass some familiar apes in the areas surrounding the track..but you're going to fast to look for long (like on Thunder Mountain).

That themed up enough?

MaxPower

Sounds awesome Starscream! Super themeing ideas. Would be a fabulous addition to the Animal Kingdom.

Personally, I also wouldn't care what type of coaster it would be. It's the theming and the story that would make such a ride special.

Chad

GREAT idea :) And you guys don't hear that much from me in regards to coasters :) I was also thinking..They have those coasters where you hang off to the sides, instead of in the middle, anyone know what I'm talking about? That would be sorta close to facing the outside..

Chad

Oh, i should have made myself more clear..My fault!

I didn't want you too swing, I realized it was supposed to be like tree surfing, but I meant..oh nevermind, Your idea is great!

Chad

Well, wdwmaniac, to put it bluntly and simply, YOU STAND UP on it..

Hey starscream, adding screen to the que that show scenes of him tree surfing from the movie would set things up. I know thats a real minor suggestion, but every bit helps

StarscreamLSU

Original Poster
All in the master plan buddy - I have to keep some secrets, I mean, these are IDEAS! I don't want everything stolen now do I? LOL!

yeah - a stand up coaster you well just stand up (usually have maybe a little area to lean against).

I'll try to find a picture...

wagner92

Umm.. sorry to say it, but I already thought of the ride first. It's in my theme park shadowlands. Check it out. It's in the Desert Oasis part of Shadowlands... and the theming follows Tarzan throughout the movie while riding on trees and vines through the jungle. But maybe you did think of it before me? I thought of it last summer.

Mikejakester

Someone is quiet jealous

Some one is being quiet jealous with his ideas....Do you have a patent on those ideas? do you have some connections on starting pre-production on it?

the ceo at wdw

Do u have some kind of copyright on your ideas? If u do then ok.. But if u dont then stop complaining that ppl are stealing your ideas and crap like that!!!

Mikejakester

People Repeating others ppl stuff

Uhmm someone around here is repeating stuff that other people say, do you have some kind og permition that lets you repeat stuff that other people allready said? Jejejeje
just kidding ceo...

WeirdOne

WOW :eek:

WOW! That is one of the most amazing and incredible ideas I have ever read. I am truely astonished. I can't wait to see more ideas like these :D. The WeirdOne :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom