1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Roller Coaster Tycoon World

Discussion in 'Disney Video Games' started by Macca250, Oct 30, 2014.

1. StageFrenzy

StageFrenzy Well-Known Member

Oh yeah at this point there is no way I'd pre order RCTW. I need to see a lot more, I wasn't that impressed with the rollercoaster demo at PAX. I just don't know if the game will be ready by Q4 this year.

Voxel likes this.
  2. Voxel

Voxel President of Progress City Premium Member

I forgot the fact they were also beating around the bush on the ability of going underground

StageFrenzy likes this.
  3. Voxel

I'm waiting to see more of Parkitect which might be perfect for my laptop and then Planet Coaster which j can't wait to hear more about

StageFrenzy likes this.
  4. StageFrenzy

A RCT3 port is on mobile devices! I have more faith on PC to deliver at this point than RCTW.

5. StarWarsGirl

StarWarsGirl Well-Known Member

Via the FB page: The official release date is Dec 10, 2015

It's a very exciting day for RCTW! Today we're proud to announce our worldwide release date - December 10, 2015!

Along with that, we are now offering PRE-ORDERS of RCTW. Pre-ordering is the ONLY WAY to enter our Beta Program, beginning later this year. Click here to pre-order now: http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/buy/

RollerCoaster Tycoon World will be available in both Standard and Deluxe editions. The Deluxe Edition includes two additional maps, terrain texture additions, a digital art book, a gold park entrance, and the classic Panda mascot!

Follow our blog for more info on pre-orders, Beta program, UGC, Mac support, and more: http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-blog-19-release-date-announcement-and-beta-access-info/

And read up on all the latest RCTW news, thanks to PC Gamer: www.pcgamer.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-release-date-set-for-december/

Macca250, fox_198 and tcool like this.
  6. Dead2009

Dead2009 Well-Known Member

Roller Coaster Tycoon World Enters Beta This Weekend
    http://www.gameinformer.com/games/r...er-tycoon-world-enters-beta-this-weekend.aspx

fox_198 likes this.
  7. Wendy Pleakley

Wendy Pleakley Well-Known Member

Looking forward to hearing some feedback.

I'm not pre-ordering until I hear a little more more about people's experience with the game. One of my favourite series so I have high hopes.

Macca250 and Dead2009 like this.
  8. Macca250

Macca250 Well-Known Member Original Poster

Not that I've played the beta, unfortunately life didn't allow me the time over that weekend, but I must say the feedback of those who have isn't reassuring in the slightest. There has been lots of talk that the coaster builder is broken and difficult to use, not to mention some people experiencing technical problems to the extent of which they were unable to launch the game. I know this is a beta build, but we are VERY close to the release date. "I have a bad feeling about this" - anyone here had a chance to play?

9. Dead2009

10. Dead2009

11. Dead2009

12. Macca250

Macca250 Well-Known Member Original Poster

Okay so since I started this thread; a lot of time has passed and we've had a lot of different developers and a lot of disappointment. Now we're in the early access and I am speechless. To best demonstrate how dire things are, I have stumbled across this video that focuses on the game's animations. I couldn't bear to watch past the four minute mark. Early access or not, with the development time that this game has had, I think it's time to give up.

In my opinion the war between RCT and Planet Coaster is over before either game has officially hit the shelves. Atari has messed up this game to an unprecedented level. I've preordered Planet Coaster and I apologise for ever getting my hopes up that RCTW could have been salvaged into something decent. :banghead:

StageFrenzy and Voxel like this.
  13. Dead2009

I watched a stream of Planet Coaster last night and it's incredibly broken. Crowds can get bugged and fused together, coaster cars can go through parts of the track, you don't get the terrain option until next month, you only get 2 coaster selections at start up etc. Its incredibly incomplete.

14. fox_198

fox_198 Well-Known Member

At this point would it be safe to just stick to RCT3?

Voxel likes this.
  15. Voxel

Considering that the Coaster option wasn't suppose to be in the current build, you really can't complain about that. Also Planet Coaster, should be more broken then RCTW at this phase of development, considering it's an Alpha build, RCTW is a late BETA almost gold release build with more issues then Planet Coaster.
    ALSO look at the beauty of this game engine:

tcool123 and Macca250 like this.
  16. StageFrenzy

So I plopped down a pre order for Planet Coaster. Normally I am anti pre order but a twenty dollar difference sold me on it. That and a majority of people seem to be happy with the progress of the game.

spacemt354, tcool123 and Voxel like this.
  17. Voxel

I have a few friends playing the alpha. They love it

spacemt354 and tcool123 like this.
  18. StageFrenzy

I fell down the rabbit hole watching the grizzly valley videos. The guy is really talented, the uses he finds for different pieces are really neat.

19. StageFrenzy

Anyone else checked out Parkitect? It's in a similar state as the other theme park simulators out right now early access/beta. It has some neat features and ideas.

20. Voxel

I have been playing Parkitect for the last 3 days. I love it. It doesn't have the same detail level as Planet Coaster but for a game in Alpha it's a lot of fun esp if you like designing all the details of the park. Check out Silvarret's videos for Parkitect.

tcool123 likes this.