Roller Coaster Tycoon World

StageFrenzy

Based on the screenshots before the trailer I assumed they were further along now, Another year of work at least to get the game that we think it should be. I think in everyones head they were thinking it would be theme park studio graphics with RCT gameplay. Instead we got RCT 3.1

Voxel

President of Progress City
Based on the screenshots before the trailer I assumed they were further along now, Another year of work at least to get the game that we think it should be. I think in everyones head they were thinking it would be theme park studio graphics with RCT gameplay. Instead we got RCT 3.1
The difference between that Screen shot and Trailer is a studio switch if I'm not mistaken.

StageFrenzy

The difference between that Screen shot and Trailer is a studio switch if I'm not mistaken.

Probably a lot of post-production as in addition to the other studio. I probably was most disappointed at the coaster in the trailer. I could handle whimsical and over the top flat rides but was hoping for realistic coasters. I didn’t know the original teaser trailer was just real footage from goliath, I thought it was a rendered glimpse of what the coasters were going to look like at first.

Macca250

Original Poster
Well at least they're admitting that the trailer was poor - rather than hedge around the issue. I'll keep my judgements to myself until they show us as a bit more over the coming months. Glad to see they're in a position to delay the game's release until it's up to a better standard - far too many incomplete games are pushed for an early release by publishers these days. Heres hoping any extra time is well spent in bringing this game to 2015 rather than looking like it was coded in 2002. I highly doubt I'd buy it in its current form, even if it is RCT.

StageFrenzy

Well at least they're admitting that the trailer was poor - rather than hedge around the issue. I'll keep my judgements to myself until they show us as a bit more over the coming months. Glad to see they're in a position to delay the game's release until it's up to a better standard - far too many incomplete games are pushed for an early release by publishers these days. Heres hoping any extra time is well spent in bringing this game to 2015 rather than looking like it was coded in 2002. I highly doubt I'd buy it in its current form, even if it is RCT.
They didn't have to admit the trailer was poor, everyone told them!!! As far as the push back of dates if they didn't, I doubt RCTW would have even sniffed the top 10 charts or got above a 60% on Metacritic.

Voxel

These new renders have be somewhat hoping:
coaster1front-1100x739.png

coaster1side-1100x500.png

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-production-blog-7/

Mr. Warmo

Another forum post - by the sounds of it the game has switched development teams yet again. This does not bode well....

Im not surprised because of the trailer. Personally I thought it was okay, until I realised and watched it again and remembering what year it is

I''m gonna take those renders with a pinch of salt, for a start, because of being high-poly so there will be problems with potato computers. They just look "too" good, as in, a quick attempt to show the game could be good. For example, they commented stuff about upgrading to the new unity engine and that the game wasnt finished. Ive just finished a game dev uni course and with graphics shown in the trailer from a game which is coming out in under a year, isnt good.
I thought by now, they would be making template rides, scenerios, balancing etc. Well, whatever happens, I think at this rate the game will be delayed. Its slowly going the way of half life 3 but then, Duke Nukem....

Voxel

Im not surprised because of the trailer. Personally I thought it was okay, until I realised and watched it again and remembering what year it is

I''m gonna take those renders with a pinch of salt, for a start, because of being high-poly so there will be problems with potato computers. They just look "too" good, as in, a quick attempt to show the game could be good. For example, they commented stuff about upgrading to the new unity engine and that the game wasnt finished. Ive just finished a game dev uni course and with graphics shown in the trailer from a game which is coming out in under a year, isnt good.
I thought by now, they would be making template rides, scenerios, balancing etc. Well, whatever happens, I think at this rate the game will be delayed. Its slowly going the way of half life 3 but then, Duke Nukem....
Those graphics are very well possible with the unity5 engine, also many devs do not built the game with full res graphics until later in the development process. If these screen represent the full poly models of the game then Atari reacted to people's wants to fast and released a trailer that should not be released. Then again I would rather see a game that looks better then the trailer the games that look worst then the trailer that we have been getting lately

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-production-blog-9/

Dear Fans,

The team had a great week finishing upgrades to the coaster building system. One exciting new feature is improved full validation of coaster track and feedback systems, so you know whether your track is going to be safe, “iffy” (build at your own risk!), or just plain impossible.

Work is continuing on the path system overhaul and while I don’t want to give away too much yet, the initial results are very promising. You will be able to do some very cool things not possible in any previous RCT game. This and the improved coaster physics system currently remain as primary focuses of the tech team, before they turn their attention to terrain and queues.

I would also like to take this time to highlight a recent thread I made in our forums about the “Funny/Cool Things That Peeps Do”. Our design team is spending some time generating a list of actions and animations for the peeps and I wanted to make sure they heard your input – channel your creativity!

Lastly, I would like to now reveal the full hypercoaster that we teased a few weeks ago! Note the colors are a bit different as this is a night shot (so there are some artificial illumination sources we are not showing you yet). Otherwise, this is the same coaster you saw a few weeks ago – taken from within the game engine.

“Mattlab”
Executive Producer
RollerCoaster Tycoon World

I have a huge feeling this is going to suck once it comes out.

Voxel

This was originally supposed to be out by now, and i had no idea there were Disney mods for RCT3....may have to check those out.
There was a large quantity of them back in the day, alot of the sites have been shut down because a lack of interest as of late.

Macca250

Original Poster
New production blog - http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-production-blog-10/

To use a brief quote - "It is always quite a sight to walk around the studio and see all of the disparate work being done by different members of the team."

Do we think they meant to say 'disparate' or should it be 'desperate'?

I'm still remaining hopeful that they deliver on this game, but as time goes on I can't help but remain skeptical.

Voxel

New production blog - http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-production-blog-10/

To use a brief quote - "It is always quite a sight to walk around the studio and see all of the disparate work being done by different members of the team."

Do we think they meant to say 'disparate' or should it be 'desperate'?

I'm still remaining hopeful that they deliver on this game, but as time goes on I can't help but remain skeptical.
They aren't showing the game publically.. aka delayed.

Pixie VaVoom

I'm SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS! I've had Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 since middle school, eventually I got 3, and now there's a new one coming out. And I just got RCT4 for my tablet. I'm now busy for the rest of the day.

Hey guys - about RCT4 for the tablets...do you ever get to create any more than that 1 initial park?? i worked the tablet version off and on for about 3 months, and then got bored with it and dropped it. I have been with RCT from the beginning but, Did anyone besides me find RCT3 for PC to feel kind of anemic - lacking somehow??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom