Roller coaster fans..Please Advise!

21stamps

Original Poster
Kiddo is now 48".
He's shaping out to be a rollercoaster junkie.
He also hates to walk by or see coasters that he can not ride.

So...

Do we do Universal & IoA now, or wait another 2 years?

I have gone back and forth with my trip so many times. The more I think about Universal the more I really want to fit it in with WDW. I have a friend there right now..posting pics on FB...not helping my already made decision to not go.lol.

trr1

Kiddo is now 48".

So...

I have gone back and forth with my trip so many times. The more I think about Universal the more I really want to fit it in with WDW. I have a friend there right now..posting pics on FB...not helping my already made decision to not go.lol.
if he like coasters that much these are the ones he would not be able to ride right now
*Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit™ - Must be at least 51
*Dragon Challenge™ - Must be at least 54
The Incredible Hulk Coaster® - Must be at least 54"

Disneyhead'71

Sidebar: he is tall enough for one of the best "wooden" coasters in town. White Lightning at Fun Spot has a 46" height requirement. While small, it it surprisingly fun.

RMichael21

Kiddo is now 48".

So...

I'd wait. USO's coasters (maybe Dragon Challenge is an exception, but even that still can be seen from elsewhere in the park) are really large and out in the open and can be seen from all corners of the park

BubbaQuest

That's a tough one. I think IoA would be extremely difficult if you can't ride the Hulk. It is the main icon for the front of the park.

If you really want to go now, maybe set up some kind of reward (like a followup trip) if he can wait for the next trip to ride?

Disneyhead'71

Just tell him, USF has some amazing rides, but 3 of them He is too short for. Let him know that you want to take him to show him all the cool stuff, but you don't want to make him sad. Ask him if he can go and enjoy what he can ride without getting all pouty faced about the stuff he can't get on. Let him in on the decision making process. Spell out plainly what he won't be able to ride. I think he can handle it.

Bairstow

He needs to get a little bigger for the big coasters. Bush Gardens has some decent coaster as well can't remember the height limits on those.

48" must be a frustrating height for kids.
He'd be tall enough for Scorpion, Cobra's Curse, and Cheetah Hunt, but not Sheik-Ra, Kumba, or Montu.

21stamps

Original Poster
48" must be a frustrating height for kids.
He'd be tall enough for Scorpion, Cobra's Curse, and Cheetah Hunt, but not Sheik-Ra, Kumba, or Montu.
It's not as frustrating as 47"!!! Lol

We've had season passes to a local amusement park for the past 3 years..every year has been exciting because we reached a new height requirement. But-- for the first couple of months this year he was just UNDER 48". So frustrating!! Then he hit it with sneakers on only.. Then finally last month in bare feet- so now he could do all of the water slides.

Our park has a coaster called Diamondback. He stares longingly at it every time we go..and always expresses frustration that he can't ride. He actually replicated the coaster on Minecraft..and his version "does not have a height requirement!" ..it also allows animals to ride..lol

I'm glad that there's a few things even at our own park that he can't do yet. I think it's fun and exciting when you reach the next milestone. It won't be next year though.

I have decided to add universal this trip. Especially bc of the Christmas stuff. Now I'm just going back and forth if I want to cut our Dismey trip by one day and stay 4 at a universal resort, or just 3.

fosse76

I think back to being a kid in the 80s, and realize how fortunate I was as a theme park/coaster enthusiast kid. Most parks didn't have coasters that required riders to be taller than 48" to ride, so by the end of the decade when the coasters got bigger and required a height of 54", I was tall enough.

21stamps

Original Poster
I think back to being a kid in the 80s, and realize how fortunate I was as a theme park/coaster enthusiast kid. Most parks didn't have coasters that required riders to be taller than 48" to ride, so by the end of the decade when the coasters got bigger and required a height of 54", I was tall enough.
...and we had normal lap bars back then. Not painful partitions and restrains that come on individual laps.. We had fun in all of our "unsafe" activities.lol

21stamps

Original Poster
You had to hang on to those coasters, they were not idiot proof.

Glad I found an old set of lawn darts.

Ha ha my parents still have the lawn darts with the metal points.

The coasters then definitely weren't idiot proof..it just seems like there was less idiots in existence. ;)

On one hand I'm glad for the changes. There was a backwards coaster that I used to literally almost stand up on..we would do it just before going over the first hill. We'd fly up up, hit the bar, and then get slammed into the seat. So much fun! So stupid.lol. I am glad that my kid won't be able to do that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom