Rocketeer Reboot

216bruce

Mixed feelings on this. Yeah, it's The Rocketeer, but it's not. Something that largely succeeds as a 'period piece' and gets remade as 'current' it most likely will disappoint. The original is one of my favorite movies ever, Disney or otherwise.
I'd be a lot better with it if they just made a true sequel to the original with a new cast, maybe gave the original cast a cameo and get it a WWII era (or slightly later) story...maybe Cold War era. Oh yeah...a young Jennifer Connelly (sigh).
77cb771de9a3805d002850b728b11873.jpg

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Original Poster
Mixed feelings on this. Yeah, it's The Rocketeer, but it's not. Something that largely succeeds as a 'period piece' and gets remade as 'current' it most likely will disappoint. The original is one of my favorite movies ever, Disney or otherwise.
I'd be a lot better with it if they just made a true sequel to the original with a new cast, maybe gave the original cast a cameo and get it a WWII era (or slightly later) story...maybe Cold War era. Oh yeah...a young Jennifer Connelly (sigh).
77cb771de9a3805d002850b728b11873.jpg

I am a fan of young Jennifer Connelly.

Matt_Black

They say it's set six years after the first one, and it's going to be a Cold War piece. Except, the first one took place in 1938, so we're looking at 1944, and Russia and the U.S. were still technically allies at that point, because WWII wasn't done yet.

216bruce

They say it's set six years after the first one, and it's going to be a Cold War piece. Except, the first one took place in 1938, so we're looking at 1944, and Russia and the U.S. were still technically allies at that point, because WWII wasn't done yet.
My guess is that 'they' won't be making a film nearly as good as the original 'they'. Send in Joe Johnston ASAP.

Matt_Black

My guess is that 'they' won't be making a film nearly as good as the original 'they'. Send in Joe Johnston ASAP.

The cynic in me thinks they KNOW they have a crap script, which is why they're throwing in an African-American woman as the lead. That way, if it tanks, they can deflect some of the blame onto the racists/ misogynists who refuse to see this movie out of principle.

216bruce

The cynic in me thinks they KNOW they have a crap script, which is why they're throwing in an African-American woman as the lead. That way, if it tanks, they can deflect some of the blame onto the racists/ misogynists who refuse to see this movie out of principle.
I'm glad you said it. I was thinking it. Sad that it has to be that way.

Phroobar

Ghostbusters anyone?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom