1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Rock (Dwayne Johnson) and WDI Partner on Jungle Cruise Updates

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by DisneyIrishGuy, Apr 29, 2017.

1. NobodyElse

NobodyElse Well-Known Member

Yes. Push suddenly felt the need to spend more time with the garbage pails.

2. Seabasealpha1

Seabasealpha1 Well-Known Member

Remember when they thought they'd add that Eddie Murphy AA to the Haunted Mansion? And how badly that movie (and idea) turned out to be?

Yeah. This is a lot like that.

3. phruby

phruby Well-Known Member

I hear Push is now a ride operator at Dollywood.

4. phruby

phruby Well-Known Member

Was Disney really going to put a Eddie Murphy AA in the Haunted Mansion or is that just a fan made rumor? Is there any documentation from Disney on it?

5. Seabasealpha1

Seabasealpha1 Well-Known Member

No no, this was a rumor (much like this Dwayne Johnson thing) where some speculation and rumoring got wildly out of hand...and luckily it never did have anything to it...

I'm saying this is kinda like that...

phruby and Dr. Hans Reinhardt like this.
  6. mickEblu

mickEblu Well-Known Member

So I saw the Enchanted Tiki room show recently for the first time in a few years and I have to say I think the show is still quite charming. I think all of the songs work except the one that the white girlie birdies sing. It's long and it kind of drags. I think if they cut out that song and replaced it with something else the show would be better for it. Some of the banter between the four hosts is a little annoying but it's cool in the sense that it takes you back to a bygone era.

Dr. Hans Reinhardt likes this.
  7. Curious Constance

Curious Constance Well-Known Member

It gets you out of the sun and away from people for about 20 minutes, so it's okay in my book.

mickEblu and Dr. Hans Reinhardt like this.
  8. Dr. Hans Reinhardt

Dr. Hans Reinhardt Well-Known Member

The Tiki Room is like a classic old Hollywood movie: still somewhat entertaining, a little bit charming, kind of fun in a campy way, yet corny all at the same time. I wouldn't miss the current set up one bit if they took it out.

Actually, what I wish they would do is covert it into the tiki restaurant as the space was originally planned.

DisneyIrishGuy likes this.
  9. DisneyIrishGuy

DisneyIrishGuy Well-Known Member Original Poster

I don't know how much space is behind it, not much I'm betting. It would be cool, but I think its too small to be a restaurant at this point. Imagine it, the line would be out the door with 2-4 hour wait times. Unless of course they combine it with Aladdin and make it one big restaurant...

10. Tony the Tigger

Tony the Tigger Well-Known Member

Of course not - they have to see if the movie is a hit first! (Tomorrowland/Haunted Mansion)

11. mickEblu

A restaurant keeping the flavor of the show would be a great way to keep it relevant and also be a nice nod to the past. They could play one of the songs every 15 minutes (AAs included) and still use all of the war chant / rain effects randomly. Throw in some decent Polynesian theme park food and (gasp) some non virgin Mai tais and it could be great. I don't even think the room would need much reworking.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  12. Dr. Hans Reinhardt

You're probably right, especially with today's crowds. They could add some room by annexing the old Tahitian Terrace real estate next door though or maybe add a second floor.

DisneyIrishGuy likes this.
  13. Dr. Hans Reinhardt

It could be fun, right? At least then I'd have a good reason to be in there besides getting out of the sun or to take a nap.:D

mickEblu likes this.
  14. mickEblu

Yeah it would be really cool.

* I meant to say throw in some decent theme park Polynesian FOOD

15. DisneyIrishGuy

DisneyIrishGuy Well-Known Member Original Poster

They would likely have to tear the whole thing down if they wanted to add a second floor. But who knows, I'd be all for a restaurant with a show. However I think its more likely in the rumored FL expansion with a BoG type restaurant.

16. Kira Nerys

Kira Nerys Well-Known Member

One of the many things I appreciate about classic Haunted Mansion is that it's relatively intact. Sure, they added a poor projection of Renée Zellweger to the attic and made some other minor stupid alterations. That being said, while it is changed to a completely unrelated movie for a brutal 5 months that always test my sanity, the classic Mansion is, as I said, relatively intact. It's not like when you ride Pirates and all that movie crap in the ride just pulls you out of the experience because you know deep down that it's wrong.

If they add The Rock to the Jungle Cruise, I vow to destroy the animatronic and be imprisoned.

Kram Sacul and Seabasealpha1 like this.
  17. SuddenStorm

SuddenStorm Well-Known Member

I know it's just speculation- but I really doubt Disney would add a Dwayne animatronic. The movie would have to be a smash hit, and the character equally popular.

What's more likely is they take the opportunity to refresh the ride- update the effects, add in a few new jokes, and add some references to the film.

18. yookeroo

yookeroo Well-Known Member

The easiest improvement one can make,to the Tiki Room that will greatly improve it would be to replace "Let's All Sing Like the Birdies Sing". Maybe with something that has appeal to someone older than 3.

19. mickEblu

I agree, that's the one the white girl birds sing right? I think even if they just cut that segment with no replacement it would be an improvement. It also feels long and drags.

20. Rich T

Rich T Well-Known Member

I love the show just the way it is (and I am sooooooooooooooooo much older than 3), BUT (and having never seen the New Management show or the Stitch version in Tokyo) I think it would make sense to replace "Birdies" with something like the Ohana song that opened the Lilo and Stitch TV series. It's catchy, upbeat, not overplayed and could still use the Bird-Mobile. Or maybe a cute re-write of "You're Welcome" from Moana.