Rock and roll coaster vs TS

BrianV

Original Poster
Last night I was playing around with the app around 8:30. TS showed a 15 minute wait. RRRC showed a 150 minute wait!!

Curious if the app is / was correct. Have never seen a 15 minute wait for TSMM. If there are now times with crowds that low, a fast pass seems less needed than before.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Toy Story's 3rd track is helping to reduce wait times. I was also able to get a same-day and night before Toy Story FP. If RNR was down for a period of time, standby could easily reach 150 minutes.

BrianV

Original Poster
Toy Story's 3rd track is helping to reduce wait times. I was also able to get a same-day and night before Toy Story FP. If RNR was down for a period of time, standby could easily reach 150 minutes.

That is really good news. About TSM. I realize it is but one ride but the lines were unacceptably long.

BrianV

Original Poster

TOTALLY Unrelated, but can I pick your brain about something else? Now that Animal Kingdom is open later, are the crowds more spread out at AK? On our second day we were planning to spend an AM through mid afternoon at MK and then head to AK for the evening, but didn't know if the crowds have all been pushed later, and if so, whether we are better off flipping that. Really, there is now a whole theme park open an extra half day now, so that could alter the crowds dramatically.

Zipadeelady

Last night I was playing around with the app around 8:30. TS showed a 15 minute wait. RRRC showed a 150 minute wait!!

Curious if the app is / was correct. Have never seen a 15 minute wait for TSMM. If there are now times with crowds that low, a fast pass seems less needed than before.
I have scheduled FP+ for TSM and have been seriously thinking of switching them to RNR. I've been watching the wait times and it now looks as if RNR is longer than TSM most of the time. Ahhhh decisions decisions!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
TOTALLY Unrelated, but can I pick your brain about something else? Now that Animal Kingdom is open later, are the crowds more spread out at AK? On our second day we were planning to spend an AM through mid afternoon at MK and then head to AK for the evening, but didn't know if the crowds have all been pushed later, and if so, whether we are better off flipping that. Really, there is now a whole theme park open an extra half day now, so that could alter the crowds dramatically.
We did not visit AK this trip until early evening, so I can't comment about daytime crowds. But I did not think AK was as packed in the evening as it gets during the day. Standby waits for the safari and Everest in the 7 p.m. hour were both under 30 minutes. The safari at sunset was a waste of time...other than the lions, there were no other "major" animals to be seen. No elephants, no monkeys, no rhinos, no zebras, no giraffes, no ostriches. It was so bad the safari driver pointed out a bunny! (I kid you not.)

The Jungle Book show was okay, not great but glad we saw it. We enjoyed the awakening on the Tree of Life.

BrianV

Original Poster
We did not visit AK this trip until early evening, so I can't comment about daytime crowds. But I did not think AK was as packed in the evening as it gets during the day. Standby waits for the safari and Everest in the 7 p.m. hour were both under 30 minutes. The safari at sunset was a waste of time...other than the lions, there were no other "major" animals to be seen. No elephants, no monkeys, no rhinos, no zebras, no giraffes, no ostriches. It was so bad the safari driver pointed out a bunny! (I kid you not.)

The Jungle Book show was okay, not great but glad we saw it. We enjoyed the awakening on the Tree of Life.
All good to know. Doesn't sound like ak after dark is tha exciting. Yet. I want to see the show but maybe watching wishes would.be more fun.

BrianV

Original Poster
At first thought you were asking Table Service vs RNRC. My answer would have been definitely coaster before eating! Then I saw you mean Toy Story.

HA! I'm always wary or using acronyms. But yes, food after coaster is always a good idea.

Rebel

I have scheduled FP+ for TSM and have been seriously thinking of switching them to RNR. I've been watching the wait times and it now looks as if RNR is longer than TSM most of the time. Ahhhh decisions decisions!
RNR had the longest standby wait by far, but we were able to book it as a 4th FP with no problem after we used our original three! We were there on 6/25/16

Rebel

Ohhhh this is good news! Thanks for letting me know!
Very welcome! All rides were available in all 4 parks for additional fast passes this past week for us except for Soarin and Frozen! We did early morning magic ticket so we didn't try for Mine Train, so not sure about that one!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom