big-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

ctrlaltdel

Disney is smart to release this soon after the GOTG announcement. Good news though! Unfortunately, I'll likely be going in April next year, so I'll miss it :(

NobodyElse

This is good news, and frankly what I hoped and assumed would happen - get the newly-routed rail bed in place (along with most of the berm/rockwork) then continue working on Star Wars land.

(I kind of chuckled to myself while reading the article. I like how they calmly addressed the "ROA is changing! It's the end of the world!" crowd.) ;-)

SpaceMountain75

The captain of the Mark Twain is gonna be wondering why there's a guy in a Frontierland standing at the front of the boat gently weeping come summer 2017.

D

Deleted member 107043

Remember when it was announced that the river would close temporarily along with a handful of attractions and everyone went apesh*t? That seems like a hundred years ago to me, but it's only been a little more than 6 months. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how the new shoreline looks when it's all done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Mouseketeer

"Sailing Ship Columbia is an exact replica of the 18th century merchant vessel, Columbia Rediviva, the first American ship to circumnavigate the globe, and the namesake of Oregon’s Columbia River."

"Exact Replica"? Seriously? There are almost zero records of Columbia Rediviva. IIRC, the historical record is limited to a couple of renderings/engravings by contemporary artists. Disney has previously said that the details were taken from other equivalent ships of the day. And in any event, it's a SCALE REPLICA, not an exact replica. I really hate incompetent PR hacks.

Old Mouseketeer

On another point:

"This Disneyland original has been taking guests on a journey along four iconic American rivers since it opened on July 17, 1955."

Was the "four iconic American rivers" theme original to ROA and MT in 1955? I'm embarrassed to say I thought this was an innovation of the most recent Tony Baxter enhancement. Did I get this wrong?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom