Riverside or French quarter?

Jakesky40

Original Poster
So I'm sure this has been done before but just seeing which Port Orleans resort people prefer and why. I'm staying at the riverside for the first time in may:)

Mickey81

POFQ is our favorite resort. It's smaller and more quiet. After spending all day at the parks, it's perfect to come back to. As someone who loves NOLA, we really enjoy the themeing. They have beignets, while they are no where near as good as Cafe du Monde, they are still pretty yummy. Plus only one bus station is nice, as opposed to the loop you have at PORS.

patch553

as with the majority I would definatley go with French quarter,we stayed at both in feb and whilst both have great theming we preferred French quarter,its a bit quieter a little smaller and the ambience is more chilled out

JasonDeyoung

I love FQ and stay there a few times a year, everything said is true. Size, theme, it's very quiet, boats to dtd, pool, bus system is great too. I did stay at RS in January as well and honestly loved it as well, it actually surprised me since I hadn't been there since it was Dixie Landings. You ll love RS the pool, food and grounds are awesome. It too is pretty quiet. Walking around either especially at night is great. From lobby to lobby is about a 8-10 minute walk if you want to wander to the other and the boat to DTD stood at both resorts. When it's busy some buses do share which some ppl don't like but it's really only about a 10 minute detour if that. Can't go wrong with either. Oh and also going in May head to Epcot for the flower and garden fest! Which port Orleans just happens to be right next too ;)

kkocka

I'm told Riverside is the better half overall as it's more central to everything else and the rooms are slightly nicer. I'm staying at French Quarter next week however because Riverside was full. A plus for French Quarter i think is that the busses/shuttles tend to hit that location first before going to Riverside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom