Rivers of America (plus Railroad & Dioramas) Re-Imagineered 2017

Rich T

Ha, interesting! I was still in FL when ATIS closed, so all I will ever know is it's airline/tourism-loving cousin in the east, 'If You Had Wings' which I totally loved along 'Dreamflight.' Cool to hear stories about on-ride guest behaviors like that -- you don't think of that stuff when watching a virtual ride-thru or listening to the soundtrack. In my head it was always just this pristine experience, but of course there's no way that was the case.
Riders also would lean forward and pound on a particular giant fiberglass snowflake crystal that the trusting imagineers had placed within reach. Disney learned a bit about overestimating human manners. :(

♪ And all the monkeys aren't in the zoo... Every day you meet quite a few.... ♪

britain

You do have wings.
You can do all these things.
You can widen your world.
Eastern: the wings of man.

Remember the Eastern Airlines reservation desk at the end of the ride?

Does anyone remember one of those elementary school slide shows ("BEEP, then next slide!") that had Ludwig Von Drake talking about geography, and he gets onto a very "If you had wings"-looking ride vehicle and travels into a globe. I have only fragments of this memory, but I'd love to find something to substantiate this.

SSG

Does anyone remember one of those elementary school slide shows ("BEEP, then next slide!") that had Ludwig Von Drake talking about geography, and he gets onto a very "If you had wings"-looking ride vehicle and travels into a globe. I have only fragments of this memory, but I'd love to find something to substantiate this.
No, but I learned how to shoot pool from watching Donald in Mathmagicland.

Well, that and dad thinking that bringing his 10 year-old son to the pool hall with him was a solid idea.

Mathmagic.jpg

Last edited:

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I like this guy. He doesn't act all silly or like a 12 year old

And this couple also seems to have videos that are enjoyable and he has a cool mustache

Found a better video related to Disney so removed the kraken one

While he may not act like a 12 year old, he frequently shouts like one in need of attention. I admit I've clicked on his videos in the past to see what he presents as rumor/fact only to find out its the same information I can cull for myself from these boards. If there's one thing I personally find worse than 40 year olds jumping on camera, its people trying to act like actual insiders who present information that is otherwise open to the general public.

Last edited:

TP2000

Original Poster
Various views of the River from Tom Sawyer Island, compliments of our favorite lady blogger...

I can't wait for July 29th! It's a Saturday, and we will start the day with an obnoxious FIRST RIDE ON THE MARK TWAIN! vlog from the various Fresh Baked Disney Bears Without Day Jobs. And then by evening we'll have a sane, mature and informative video from our lady blogger. Marking my calendar now...

Phroobar

Various views of the River from Tom Sawyer Island, compliments of our favorite lady blogger...

I can't wait for July 29th! It's a Saturday, and we will start the day with an obnoxious FIRST RIDE ON THE MARK TWAIN! vlog from the various Fresh Baked Disney Bears Without Day Jobs. And then by evening we'll have a sane, mature and informative video from our lady blogger. Marking my calendar now...

and don't forget about @Kira Nerys's four hour vlog on the frog gravestone in the pet cemetery.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom