Rivers of America (plus Railroad & Dioramas) Re-Imagineered 2017

GiveMeTheMusic

For adults, sure. But for anyone under 12 it was mesmerizing. And it obviously left indelible memories on people.

And a decade after it closed I ended up choosing Monsanto-made carpet for my home, and the deciding factor was that I had fond memories of Monsanto from their Inner Space ride at Disneyland.

I think I'll just leave this right here...

Well now Monsanto's the devil. Sounds like they need to sponsor another cool ride to get some positive PR juju flowing!

Phroobar

Who wouldn't be amazed by foam snowflakes twenty feet tall? Personally, I believe Star Tours was a huge improvement. However it was dark and cool and a great place to make out.

hqdefault.jpg

Ismael Flores

I like this guy. He doesn't act all silly or like a 12 year old

And this couple also seems to have videos that are enjoyable and he has a cool mustache

Found a better video related to Disney so removed the kraken one

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

No one appreciates miracles from molecules these days.

I will say that the giant animatronic eye glaring down at you at the end was kind of cool. It wasn't until I was older that I finally understood why it was there lol.

Was it just me or was the storyline kind of hard to follow? Also i'm not sure everyone understood that you were supposed to be miniaturized since the "shrinking" process was a nothing more than hard left turn through a pitch black room.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well now Monsanto's the devil. Sounds like they need to sponsor another cool ride to get some positive PR juju flowing!

Well given that Monsanto is primarily now associated with GMOs I'm sure Disney wants to stay away from that.

With quantum computing now available shrinking into a snowflake molecule is not as impressive as it was in the 60s/70s. Now if they could do something using the sub-subatomic realm like in Ant-Man then I would think that would be impressive. Especially since science will be investigating that realm for the next 15-25 years. For example have a Hank Pym attraction where he and Scott Lang discuss all the advancements into the quantum realm and shrink the guests to show them what can be done.

Old Mouseketeer

It's getting harder to be an evil multi-national conglomerate intent on controlling the world's food supply.

I recommend the documentary on the 1964 World's Fair narrated by Judd Hirsch. It points out that the Fair was largely obsolete being too stuck in '50s mindset and the 1967 Tomorrowland was basically a Disneyfied version of that.

And I loved it!!!

Old Mouseketeer

Well given that Monsanto is primarily now associated with GMOs I'm sure Disney wants to stay away from that.

With quantum computing now available shrinking into a snowflake molecule is not as impressive as it was in the 60s/70s. Now if they could do something using the sub-subatomic realm like in Ant-Man then I would think that would be impressive. Especially since science will be investigating that realm for the next 15-25 years. For example have a Hank Pym attraction where he and Scott Lang discuss all the advancements into the quantum realm and shrink the guests to show them what can be done.

Like the Shanghai makeover of Buzz to Ant-Man? Omnimover? Tomorrowland? Anyone? Bueller?

Old Mouseketeer

I will say that the giant animatronic eye glaring down at you at the end was kind of cool. It wasn't until I was older that I finally understood why it was there lol.

Was it just me or was the storyline kind of hard to follow? Also i'm not sure everyone understood that you were supposed to be miniaturized since the "shrinking" process was a nothing more than hard left turn through a pitch black room.

I was 12 and the "hard left turn" totally got me! It was one of the greatest Disney slight-of-hand tricks EVER!

I loved the new Tomorrowland. I hate it that the multi-trunk palm tree by Autopia they imported from Africa is over-planted with shrubs and no one can see that it's one tree. Even though it was Phase II ten years later, I miss the layers around the Space Stage and the environment around Space Mountain. I loved the Mary Blair murals--I so wanted to replicate the beautiful sun over the patio of our condo. I had to go to the Speakerphone booths every time I visited. I will never forget the score of America the Beautiful--it's embedded in my recollection. And the orange jumpsuits on the Rocket Jets hostesses!

Rich T

It became hard to follow when, not long after opening, the spoken lines that tell you who the narrator is and why you're on this journey, became impossible to hear. Because somehow, someway, it became a "thing" for people to start screaming at the top of their lungs in mock-fear the second they entered the microscope. What the heck was up with that??? That annoying custom lasted the rest of the ride's lifespan!

Rich T

I was 12 and the "hard left turn" totally got me! It was one of the greatest Disney slight-of-hand tricks EVER!

I loved the new Tomorrowland. I hate it that the multi-trunk palm tree by Autopia they imported from Africa is over-planted with shrubs and no one can see that it's one tree. Even though it was Phase II ten years later, I miss the layers around the Space Stage and the environment around Space Mountain. I loved the Mary Blair murals--I so wanted to replicate the beautiful sun over the patio of our condo. I had to go to the Speakerphone booths every time I visited. I will never forget the score of America the Beautiful--it's embedded in my recollection. And the orange jumpsuits on the Rocket Jets hostesses!
Awwww, the Speakerphone booths!!! It was a must-do for us on every trip too! It's so funny to think how amazing that was for everyone back then!

D

Deleted member 107043

It became hard to follow when, not long after opening, the spoken lines that tell you who the narrator is and why you're on this journey, became impossible to hear. Because somehow, someway, it became a "thing" for people to start screaming at the top of their lungs in mock-fear the second they entered the microscope. What the heck was up with that??? That annoying custom lasted the rest of the ride's lifespan!

OMG you're right. I'd forgotten about that.

dweezil78

Ha, interesting! I was still in FL when ATIS closed, so all I will ever know is it's airline/tourism-loving cousin in the east, 'If You Had Wings' which I totally loved along 'Dreamflight.' Cool to hear stories about on-ride guest behaviors like that -- you don't think of that stuff when watching a virtual ride-thru or listening to the soundtrack. In my head it was always just this pristine experience, but of course there's no way that was the case.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Like the Shanghai makeover of Buzz to Ant-Man? Omnimover? Tomorrowland? Anyone? Bueller?

I thought the Ant-Man ride was for HKDL not Shanghai, and it was going to be a shooter just like Buzz/TSMM. So I don't see how what I suggested and this overlay in HKDL is the same thing. Not even close.

What I'm suggesting is not some shooter ride. But an update on the ATIS attraction where instead of shrinking down to look at a snowflake molecule the guests would shrink down beyond the subatomic level like in Ant-Man. You can have Hank Pym and Scott Lang presenting what could be done with this type science, like quantum computing, possible future teleportation, etc. This is not only science fiction but based on science fact. So it would be enough into the future that the attraction could be around for 15-25 years depending on how far science gets.

SSG

I thought the Ant-Man ride was for HKDL not Shanghai, and it was going to be a shooter just like Buzz/TSMM. So I don't see how what I suggested and this overlay in HKDL is the same thing. Not even close.

What I'm suggesting is not some shooter ride. But an update on the ATIS attraction where instead of shrinking down to look at a snowflake molecule the guests would shrink down beyond the subatomic level like in Ant-Man. You can have Hank Pym and Scott Lang presenting what could be done with this type science, like quantum computing, possible future teleportation, etc. This is not only science fiction but based on science fact. So it would be enough into the future that the attraction could be around for 15-25 years depending on how far science gets.
I don't think Disney is in the edu-tainment business anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom