Rivers of America (plus Railroad & Dioramas) Re-Imagineered 2017

mickEblu

I don't follow any of them. They aren't going to show are tell me anything relevant anyways and I really don't need their 40 going on 14 opinions.

Haha I hear you. I don't have a strong opinion on them either way....until I see a video like I saw the other day. Just completely obnoxious.

D

Deleted member 107043

He put together a fantastic video a few years ago on the Old Mine train thru Natures Wonderland. You should check it out if you haven't already.

I always hate that I never got to ride the Mine Train. It was there when I first visited in 1971, but we used our E tickets for other attractions. By the time I made it back (1977) it had closed for BTMRR construction. :(

mickEblu

I always hate that I never got to ride the Mine Train. It was there when I first visited in 1971, but we used our E tickets for other attractions. By the time I made it back (1977) it had closed for BTMRR construction. :(

That sucks and I hear you. That's how I feel about ATIS. My parents never took me on it. If they did, I don't remember. That reminds me- I should describe the ride to them ( they're casual park fans at best) and see if maybe they took me on it when I was like 4 or under and just don't remember. I would feel a little better about that.

EDIT: This is why you research things before posting people- I just saw that ATIS Closed about 2 weeks after I turned 3.

Kiwiduck

That sucks and I hear you. That's how I feel about ATIS. My parents never took me on it. If they did, I don't remember. That reminds me- I should describe the ride to them ( they're casual park fans at best) and see if maybe they took me on it when I was like 4 or under and just don't remember. I would feel a little better about that.

EDIT: This is why you research things before posting people- I just saw that ATIS Closed about 2 weeks after I turned 3.
According to my diary entry from my first Disneyland trip I have been on this ride, however I have absolutely no memory of it at all. I still have some vivid memories of this visit, but ATIS left no trace.

Last edited:

Kiwiduck

Yes he does know much more than most vloggers. He put together a fantastic video a few years ago on the Old Mine train thru Natures Wonderland. You should check it out if you haven't already.
Justin does good research and preparation for many of his vlogs. He may be talking in a silly and kinda annoying voice but his content is great. I am loving the extended Route 66 series he is doing at the moment.

sirstude

It was fun, kind of campy. Flight to the Moon was about the same level, but still fun then. I remember how real the animatronic scientists in the control room seemed, and I was 21 the first time I was there.

D

Deleted member 107043

Considering it was a dark zany omnimover ride with Paul Frees narration, I probably would have loved it.

It wasn't zany at all. In fact the tone was quite serious and a bit ambitious. In some ways it was a precursor to EPCOT Center's Future World attractions (World of Motion used similar "speed tunnel" projection effects for its climax), but lacking the elaborate practical sets and AAs that wowed guests in 1982. I can see why ATIS has a cult following, but it really wasn't WDI's best work IMO.

TP2000

Original Poster
Probably one of the most unconvincing effects ever at Disneyland.

For adults, sure. But for anyone under 12 it was mesmerizing. And it obviously left indelible memories on people.

And a decade after it closed I ended up choosing Monsanto-made carpet for my home, and the deciding factor was that I had fond memories of Monsanto from their Inner Space ride at Disneyland.

I think I'll just leave this right here...

Last edited:

Rich T

Not surprised. It wasn't a very memorable ride.
Boy, do I disagree. When I went on this ride for the first time when I was... (googles and does math) ... nine, it blew my little fourth grader mind. A universe inside a snowflake crystal??? Nothing is solid??? Omnimovers! GIANT EYEBALL STARING AT ME THROUGH A MICROSCOPE!!! It hit me like the Cosmos TV show would ten years later, started my interest in science, and I have loved and been grateful to that ride ever since.

The older I got, the more the seams (and walls and emergency exit signs) showed, but the story never failed to thrill me. :) And when I first rode Haunted Mansion 2 years later, my first impressions were 1) Inner Space Guy! and 2) Inner Space vehicles!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom