Rivers of America (plus Railroad & Dioramas) Re-Imagineered 2017

Californian Elitist

$85 for a donut and a Sprite and all the information we already know about Walt and his trains? This has to be a joke.

Exactly. Walt's fondness of trains is no secret. Lots of great, public information out there. Hell, Walt's barn is open once a week and is free to all visitors. Lots of neat information regarding trains can be found there, including some of Walt's personal belongings and actual trains. Bob Gurr even stops by, every once in a while. Again, all FREE.

No way would I ever pay for this new tour.

Californian Elitist

Soda with a donut. Yuck!

Facts!

I remember walking to the Original Farmers Market on 3rd and Fairfax for a field trip in elementary school. I forgot the name of the stalls we visited, but one of them gave us sugar cookies and lemonade as a snack. Disgusting! I felt so sick afterwards.

Deserts with an equally or more sweet beverage is never a good idea.

mickEblu

Facts!

I remember walking to the Original Farmers Market on 3rd and Fairfax for a field trip in elementary school. I forgot the name of the stalls we visited, but one of them gave us sugar cookies and lemonade as a snack. Disgusting! I felt so sick afterwards.

Deserts with an equally or more sweet beverage is never a good idea.

lol that's so nasty! Coffee, tea or water with a donut. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

oo_nrb

Just wanted to throw it out there that the Grand Circle Tour tour is likely very similar to the other guided tours, and will probably feature more attraction experiences than just the Lily Belle. They could (and probably will) visit Casey Jr., Big Thunder Mtn., and in a stretch, the Monorail.

* Note: I am a Cast Member, but have no actual knowledge about what this tour is/will entail.

D

Deleted member 107043

lol that's so nasty! Coffee, tea or water with a donut. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Way too much sugar in that combo for me. I can't think of a cheaper catered snack than a donut. Maybe popcorn? And nothing says world-class themed resort like, "Hello and welcome. Please enjoy your donut and a Coca-Cola® before we head off on the Grand Circle Tour. That'll be $85 please, thank you". :rolleyes:

I don't know which would be more embarrassing; taking the tour or being the cast member leading it.

mickEblu

Way too much sugar in that combo for me. I can't think of a cheaper catered snack than a donut. Maybe popcorn? And nothing says world-class themed resort like, "Hello and welcome. Please enjoy your donut and a Coca-Cola® before we head off on the Grand Circle Tour. That'll be $85 please, thank you". :rolleyes:

I don't know which would be more embarrassing; taking the tour or being the cast member leading it.

Lol. Just embarrassing all around. Who's offering the these things and why do they think they can keep offering this crap?

Last edited:

SSG

Lol. Just embarrassing all around. Who's offering the these things and why do they think they can offering this crap?

giphy.gif

TP2000

Original Poster
Lol. Just embarrassing all around. Who's offering the these things and why do they think they can keep offering this crap?

It's baffling.

Anyone with a park admission can ride the trains all day long. A nice word to the conductor can get you a look inside the Lilly Belle parlor car. Heck, a total jerk of a person could still just walk up and look through the window of the Lilly Belle before he flips off the conductor. Included in your park ticket.

More info than your mind can absorb can be found for free via a Google search about Walt and his love for trains and that history on display at Disneyland.

And then the donut thing just makes this sound so idiotic and tone deaf, as if the $85 per person price required some sort of snack item. These people are idiots, there's no other way to explain this.

mickEblu

I never qualify for the surveys!

Non sense. Just the other day a CM asked me if I would be interested in taking a survey. First question was if I thought "the Haunted Mansion was charming" and if I would ever be interested in riding it "35 times in a row." The last question was "would bringing back the ghost fruit effect be worth the risk of possible world annihilation?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom