RIP Walter Elias Disney

makeupagoodbye

Original Poster
41 years ago on this day we lost an important man. A man who made us believe we will always be a kid inside. Someone who showed us magic through movies, shows, and through his parks. I would like to take this time to remember our Walt. Remember the memories he has given us forever to keep burned in our mind.

My questions would be...Do you think if Walt was alive today - would he be happy on what his parks look like today? Especially EPCOT being that his vision was impossible to make? Ive always wondered him walking through the parks these days and being so proud on what has come to be Walt Disney World. :)

EPCOT Explorer

RIP Disney!We miss you!

I find it terribly ironic that I visited WDW a year ago today and that that's when the obsession began(I had always been a fan but after that trip I really got interested in EPCOT and all things Disney.Odd.)

Champion

My questions would be...Do you think if Walt was alive today - would he be happy on what his parks look like today? Especially EPCOT being that his vision was impossible to make? Ive always wondered him walking through the parks these days and being so proud on what has come to be Walt Disney World. :)

He'd be 106 at this point, so chances are he'd have passed on from natural causes already.

And, if he HAD lived, say another 20 years, I'd say that Disney would have gone bankrupt trying to complete his E.P.C.O.T. vision. Walt was a lot of very good things, compromising was not one of them. He'd have sunk every penny the company had into it. At the very least, the parks would be nothing like they are today, because the grand scheme for the property was to build a city, not a vacation resort.

Don't get me wrong, he was a great man. But you can't make any argument about what Walt would have wanted or what he would like/dislike because so much of everything we love today was not directly influenced by him. Remember, he never set foot in a WDW park.

bluefaery

I can't believe that it's been 41 years. The world lost a great man.

IMO I think if Walt Disney was allive today, the only thing he would have a problem with is the straight to DVD movies and the sequals. Walt never intended his movie to have sequals.

I'm glad his legacy will live on in all of his creations, and in all who visit any of the disney parks.

Fun2BFree

It's really quite remarkable how a cartoonist managed to create an entertainment empire spanning movies, video games, TV channels, books, food, shops and even hotels, spas and theme parks. I mean, who saw that coming? :D

wedway71

When Walts parents looked at him laying in bed at night sleeping-Do you really think they had any idea what impact on the world Walt would have???

AMAZING.

wickedfan07

It's really quite remarkable how a cartoonist managed to create an entertainment empire spanning movies, video games, TV channels, books, food, shops and even hotels, spas and theme parks. I mean, who saw that coming? :D

Nobody but him--and that's the amazing part. He's the only person who really believed that a theme park like Disneyland would work. And look what we have now...5 Disney Resorts around the world. And beyond that, everywhere you look, there's always something Disney-related. I was in a bookstore today (a small one, nothing like Barnes and Noble or Borders), and even this really small bookstore had a sizeable Disney section. It really is amazing. And it was all started by one man and his mouse.

makeupagoodbye

Original Poster
IMO I think if Walt Disney was allive today, the only thing he would have a problem with is the straight to DVD movies and the sequals. Walt never intended his movie to have sequals.

Im sure he wouldn't of been too happy on the way the company is trying to get a quick buck. With all of these sequels coming out im sure he would of had that stopped very quickly. I picture him also in Tomorrowland riding Stitch with a blank stare on his face - hating every second of it :ROFLOL:

adam75081

They said on a Walt Disney World TV special to someone, "What you think Walt Disney would say about the parks?" They guy said he would say "What took you so long?":)

rob45

Walt, thank you for the magic I feel when I think of, or talk about your kingdoms. Disney is truly a magical word, and place. Their is no feeling like Disney magic. Once again, thank you.

Enderikari

"He was a happy accident, one of the happiest this century has experienced. And judging by the way it’s behaving, in spite of all Disney tried to tell it about laughter, love, children, puppies, and sunrises, the century hardly deserved him."

Craig & Lisa

I remember when I was a kid and waiting every Sunday for the Wonderful World Of Disney show to come on tv, my brother and sister were there with me too. Then when we got a color tv it just added to the thrills and the amazement. Truly a man that had taken the statement by Einstien to heart, Knowledge is impossible without Imagination! He had more than any person could have ever hoped for and made it a reality for others to enjoy. One person who was way beyond his years.

828tnt

Walter Elias Disney.
You passed before i was born.
You were the Grandfather I never had.
You always looked forward.
Your heart was always in the past.
You shaped more lives than you could ever know.
You added such joy to my Sunday nights, even when it was in black and white.
You opened my imagination and took me on adventures.
You lived your life to the fullest, never accepting the accepted.

Never before has such a simple man shaped so much of the world. I still get a shiver when i see him or hear his words. He was truly visionary, driven, and genuine. He seemed to live exponentially.

I often wonder just where "Disney" would be if he only had a few more years. He was always on the cutting edge, never a quick fixer, imagine what HE could do with today's technology.

We miss you Walt. I miss you.

Thank you Walt- you left the world a better place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom