Rip Ride & Rockit - seats

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
How snug are the seats? I am in the process of trying to lose weight before my trip in October BUT I know I probably can't ride FJ, Hulk or Dueling Dragons right now...my own fault - I'm fat & lazy...too many butterbeers!

How "snug" are the seats for RR&R? Do they have a test seat?

71jason

Fairly snug, rows 3 and 6 are better. FJ hasn't been much of a problem for over a year now--definitely get one of the outer seats tho. As for Hulk and Dragons, look (or ask) for the double buckled seats. I'm hearing conflicting reports about Gringotts, btw, but again, last row more forgiving.

Absimilliard

Rockit use molded individual seats and a unique hinged lap bar that come from the side. There are no seatbelt, but the lap bar has to go past a safe point in order for the ride to go.

epnn110u6k005pb1o00008.jpg

Revenge of the Mummy use individual U shaped restraints with bucket seats. No seatbelt, but the bar has to come down until the red tape is covered (look at the bottom of the lap bar hinge).

887091_10153462616780018_298991851_o.jpg

This is the test seat for the Dragons and Hulk. The ride use a shoulder restraint and the seatbelts need to be buckled in order to ride. To give you an idea, for this picture, I am 6'3 and was around 250 lbs at the time. The main issue is usually the narrow seat and the "big boy" double seatbelt seat does not help in this case.

1383306_10153263133590018_1407845083_n.jpg

Timekeeper

The safety bar is snug for sure on the RRR. It's more that your butt is in a hole. LOL. Don't know how to explain it butt you're kind of like falling into a toilet with a bar across the top your stomach. Best description I can come up with.

This was the original rendering for the ride, which had a working name of "Rip, Ride, Ticket."

tumblr_m0s47qU07H1qz8x31o1_500.jpg

kelknight84

I love all rides and can do them over and over but this ride I was one and done. I'm not small but I also don't consider myself too big and the bar wasn't tight but it just fit at a weird spot and I could barely breathe. I thought I was going to pass out. Now I didn't try the test seat but I've never not fit in any other ride.

fosse76

I love all rides and can do them over and over but this ride I was one and done. I'm not small but I also don't consider myself too big and the bar wasn't tight but it just fit at a weird spot and I could barely breathe. I thought I was going to pass out. Now I didn't try the test seat but I've never not fit in any other ride.
This is probably the most painful ride I've ever been on. And I have never been at USF where is operated for the entire day without a significant breakdown. Personally I think Universal should cut its losses and rip the thing out!

nerdboyrockstar

I'm pretty sure if you don't like it, you don't have to ride it. Plus, literally nothing else can fit in that small footprint. Literally, nothing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom