RIP Princess Leia. And now her dear mother, Debbie Reynolds.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Courtesy of Mark Hamill's Twitter feed....

14829858380621318644249-2.jpg

21stamps

This is a sad event, as were many other events and deaths this past year.. as were many others the year before..and the year before that..and so on.

When you hear of a tragedy, or of someone dying..just hug your loved ones a little tighter. Live your life a little more spontaneous. Do something that you've been putting off.
Just don't blame the year..or start to countdown for it to be over. A calendar year is full of events - happy and sad.

LAKid53

Premium Member
So if someone famous dies at 12:01am Jan 1, 2017 are we going to start cursing it as well. Just want to make sure I'm up to speed.

Just stop it....

None of us are saying 2016, the year, is responsible for the deaths of Carrie, her mother and other beloved and influential artists, statesmen, and well known individuals.

We're just lamenting that this incredibly talented woman, who, for those of us females and of a certain generation, showed that princesses CAN kick butt....and don't need to be saved by a man, is gone. Leia was quite a revelation in a genre dominated at the time by kick men.

And as her family greaves at the loss of a beloved daughter, sister, mother, her mother passes away. Can it get any worse?

Yeah, I recognize that 2016 isn't responsible for all the horrific things that happened over the past 366 days. That's just silly to say we think that. Just as I don't blame 1963, 1968 and 2001. But I was sure glad when those years ended. As I will be glad when this one ends in 3 days. This has been a stressful year for many of us. Don't belittle that by making such ridiculous statements.

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo

The problem is with all these celebrities passing away is many of them are from my generation as I will be turning 70 next February. They are getting up there in age. Also add a lot of these Rock and Roll stars lived the fast life the majority of there lives adding to the chances of an earlier death like David Bowie, Paul Kantner, Prince for example. Sure it is sad when anyone passes away and there were some that left us before there time including Carrie Fisher most recently. The sad thing is though and this is not meant to be a downer, but more reality that 2017 is most likely going to be similar to what 2016 was with my generation of celebrities still passing away. No matter what it will still be sad.

OliveMcFly

The problem is with all these celebrities passing away is many of them are from my generation as I will be turning 70 next February. They are getting up there in age. Also add a lot of these Rock and Roll stars lived the fast life the majority of there lives adding to the chances of an earlier death like David Bowie, Paul Kantner, Prince for example. Sure it is sad when anyone passes away and there were some that left us before there time including Carrie Fisher most recently. The sad thing is though and this is not meant to be a downer, but more reality that 2017 is most likely going to be similar to what 2016 was with my generation of celebrities still passing away. No matter what it will still be sad.
Understandable. I am a classic movie fan and many of my favorites passed away in the late 80s into the 90s. Now with Debbie Reynolds gone very few are left. I still have Doris Day and Dick Van . *knock on wood*

Right...bad words. I meant this guy.
9230e7d75be0aa274e3939a919c68d60e18503cbe31264fc66386618.png

LAKid53

Premium Member
Understandable. I am a classic movie fan and many of my favorites passed away in the late 80s into the 90s. Now with Debbie Reynolds gone very few are left. I still have Doris Day and **** Van ****. *knock on wood*

Right...bad words. I meant this guy.
9230e7d75be0aa274e3939a919c68d60e18503cbe31264fc66386618.png

Uh, Wdwmagic needs to modify the objectionable words filter if one can't type the shortened version of the name Richard and the last name of a world renowned Flemish painter without those words being masked.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom